Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas/holiday Presents

Besides quilts :) what are you guys planning for Christmas/Holiday presents? Or have done in the past?

I'm working on a couple small purses, some stuffed ornaments... and still trying to come up with other ideas.

I like to make covered journals, and quilted baskets for homemade baked items.

Aprons seem to be "in" now. And I have been fiddling around with potholders and table mats. Wallets and coin purses are already made for gifts.

Its actually nice to think of Christmas now, so hot out!

I need to find a pattern(or make my own) but have been thinking about a caddy for the bedroom.
    like a chair caddy to put the TV remote etc.
    Evryone in my house has a TV in the bedroom and then teh cell phones and Ipods etc.
    I thought a caddy(to hang down from between mattress and box springs) to hold everything would be great as my nightstand is always full!

I love the mattress caddy idea. I' gonna put that on my list. I'm making tote bags and table runners.

check book covers and purses are a nice idea Pot holders, tablerunners and I always embroider hand towels an pillow cases. One year I made all my grands (10) a pillow case using "theme" fabric of something they were interested in.

I was thinking of table runners but not sure how many friends would actually use them lol. It seems to not be as popular in the mid to late 20s crowd. I might steal your journal idea DebraK. Micheal's some for as little as $1 right now.

bags, placemats are always a great gift

I plan on finishing all of the late birthday presents from the past year. :0D Now, that's a great Christmas gift idea!

I was figuring others on this board might be lookin for ideas too :)

I am planning on making a seashell wreath (with seashell fabric) wall hanging for my mother, a quilted tree skirt and a really big set (like 12) placemats for my mother in law... some quilted bags for the teachers this year and a bunch of other stuff...

I am pretty ambitious... we'll see how much I get done lol.

I thinking maybe Bow Tuck bags for a couple close friends - who have everything.

Towel wraps for hair found on the tute page.

reversible travel tissue holders found on sew-thankful site

and of course two quilts for two new grandbabies born this year. Puzzle pattern.

I'm doing napkins/placemats for my family, and keychain/card holders for the folks I work with that I like. =)

For the boyfriend's sister
    Name:  Attachment-75060.jpe
Views: 59
Size:  50.2 KB

I use the Tip-Nut site and also the blog call Everyday Beautiful. Both have tons of ideas.

I'm going to be making grocery totes for all my daughter-in-laws. I figured 5 bags each for all three families would be enough for a average grocery trip. I'm gathering fabrics of vegetables and farm animals. I think that would be cute.

Quote Originally Posted by 5moose
    I'm going to be making grocery totes for all my daughter-in-laws. I figured 5 bags each for all three families would be enough for a average grocery trip. I'm gathering fabrics of vegetables and farm animals. I think that would be cute.
    Check out cutefabric.com They have lot of veggie and other fun fabrics. Their shipping is reasonable too.

I make wallhangings, they are well received. sometimes I make them Christmas themed and other times, I make something that can be used all year long. Also, table toppers go over well too. HAVE FUN!

Quote Originally Posted by 5moose
    I found at a local fabric store upholstery fabric that you might be interested. It would be great for making market totes. I use those for my grocery bags. I got the pattern of of Joann's site. The upholstery fabric is like a table cloth appearance and has food all over it! I keep wondering what I can make with it - hmmm.... sounds like market bags!

I bet that store still has a ton of it too - I got it for $1.49 a yard!

Blog Entries
    Napkins and placemat are really cute. I just have too many to do for. I made table runners for all my girls
    last year. I am thinking pot holders this year.

Blog Entries
    I am suppose to be finishing 2 quilts that my grandmothers each started and finish them for my dad and mom. I may make an apron for my brother and that is all. Not sure for everyone else. Last year made a table runner for my sl and she did not even acknowledge it, so don't know what to do about her. Never do.

Quote Originally Posted by mlaceruby
    I need to find a pattern(or make my own) but have been thinking about a caddy for the bedroom.
    like a chair caddy to put the TV remote etc.
    Everyone in my house has a TV in the bedroom and then teh cell phones and Ipods etc.
    I thought a caddy(to hang down from between mattress and box springs) to hold everything would be great as my nightstand is always full!
    Good idea I think I will make one for my nightstand also. :thumbup:

I just received the most beautiful batic coasters from my secret pal Ruthruff3 if I can describe them correctly they are folded (sort of like origami) and the stem of a wine glass will fit in perfectly. Of course they're perfect for any glass :) :) If I can get a pattern or figure them out on my own I'll make them as Christmas gifts. I am also going to make Floor quilts for my daughters and mother. Hopefully not too time consuming as they are no sew. Bought the book "Floorquilts by Ellen Highsmith Silver"

Blog Entries
    A simple gift I made last year was I filled clear glass ornaments, bought at Michael's, with skinny strips of batiks I had from squaring up fabric. They came out quite cute. Batiks work well because they appear the same on both sides of fabric. I gave them out to family that I don't usually give gifts to and my quilting friends.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast