Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Christmas, planned?

Christmas, planned?

I just wrote my schedule & deadlines for my crafty must-get-dones from now until the end of the year...

14 quilts, ranging in size from approx 15 inches square to full size.
    &
    1 play cloak!

what are you working on from now until Christmas?
    "Some people have bunches of WIPs (works in progress) and UFOs (unfinished objects)....I prefer to think of them as PhDs (Projects Half Done)!!" ~Elena Boen
    "Just keep in mind that your function here is to have fun and not to be someone else's interior decorator! So ... go forth and have fun!" ~Krystyna
    I cannot count my day complete 'til needle, thread and fabric meet.

I'm working on handbags for friends, cafe curtains (coffee themed), potholders, and table topper for my DGD. I'm just have to FMQ my own table topper for Christmas. As all family members have quilts, I will be able to spend time trying Zentangles from Zen-Sational Stitches for Quilting.
    When you sleep under a quilt, you sleep under a blanket of love.

Blog Entries
    Made a quilt for my cousin, pot holders for her mom...sfill have to make a tablerunner.
    my kitty is getting my epp 3/4" hex quilt.she loves it and it doesnt match a thing. Just have to hand quilt it.
    I dnt know what to make for others that i havent already made. I need a ew idea. Oh, also making car trash bags too.
    HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

I may make a table topper or 2 for Christmas gifts. At the moment I am working on Celtic blocks for an exchange. I need 12 identical blocks done by the end of October. After those I want to make some bibs and burp rags for my first grandchild due in February. I also need to make an applique wall hanging for the nursery.

Blog Entries
    Just made a list of all the things I need to get done just in the next few weeks and didn't even get to all the quilts I want to get done by Christmas. Have to give an answer later. There is a play cloak in my 'want to get done' list but it is more of a princess cape with jewels. The design is floating in my head. I have an almost 5 year old princess DGD. Ooops, and I already purchased an 18" doll (Abby) for her December birthday. OF COURSE, I have been collecting a ton of patterns to make her Abby outfits. MMM... lots to do

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

Car trash bags? What a good idea. Can someone post a link or picture ,please?
    http://www.oregonquilting.net
    I choose to give my life away for things that last forever

Yes I'd love to have a link on the car trash bags too.

I have been working on items for Secret SANTA and the ornament exchange..Also crocheted a penguin doll for my daughter that collects them..Made 2 table runner and hot pad sets for married children and have 2 more to go...I would like to make the pajama eaters for the younger grandkidecoms..Also making purses for a craft show..I am sure the ones left will become Christmas gifts. Once I get all these done, I will hopefully have time to get some other things done...Time will run out before we know it!!

I think you better get busy!!!!

For the pants/ pajamas:

http://www.rookiemoms.com/make-some-easy-kids-pants/

Quote Originally Posted by Pat625 View Post
    I have been working on items for Secret SANTA and the ornament exchange..Also crocheted a penguin doll for my daughter that collects them..Made 2 table runner and hot pad sets for married children and have 2 more to go...I would like to make the pajama eaters for the younger grandkidecoms..Also making purses for a craft show..I am sure the ones left will become Christmas gifts. Once I get all these done, I will hopefully have time to get some other things done...Time will run out before we know it!!
    "Some people have bunches of WIPs (works in progress) and UFOs (unfinished objects)....I prefer to think of them as PhDs (Projects Half Done)!!" ~Elena Boen
    "Just keep in mind that your function here is to have fun and not to be someone else's interior decorator! So ... go forth and have fun!" ~Krystyna
    I cannot count my day complete 'til needle, thread and fabric meet.

I made car trash bags for Christmas presents. This is the link to the ones I made.

http://www.sewwequilt.com/2011/07/ca...k-of-that.html

I think they took me about 1/2 each. I got 2 bags from 2 fat quarters. They make up really quickly especially when you chain piece.
    Heather

Blog Entries
    Wow...to bad i didnt see that.
    I square ottomed my bag, and put a trim around the top
    i made it like the thread catcher bag

Asheville, Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs
    Blog Entries
    Finish Princess Ina's castles quilt for her castle bedroom. Center block courtesy of the fabulous Robert; pattern "Castles" by Sindy R. Still needs to be basted, quilted and bound.

here is a close up of the gorgeous center block:

Little brother Des gets "Night Trains" from Rebecca Ruth's pattern. Ina says his favorite color is blue. This one is basted but still needs quilting and binding.

I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.

I love the trash bag for the car..But with my sloppy kids I would line it with PLU that they make for diaper covers, so it can be washed and wiped out from sticky stuff...I made reusable snack bags for the grandsons for their school snacks, adn my DIL says the PLU makes it real easy to keep it clean. Jonannes has it..I bought the solid white, since most of it is baby prints

I am working on wall hangings and table runners mostly. May do a few pillows and would love to get my DSIL's quilt done (started it three years ago.) Today am working on a Halloween wall hanging.
    Kitsy

I am working on lapquilts. I up in the middle of the night thinking about squares. Dh is gone for the weekend so I can sew all days tomorrow.

Well I'm trying to get a table runner done for Thanksgiving. Guess I'd better start thinking about Christmas.

Blog Entries
    Wow I am impressed with everything some of you plan to accomplish before the end of the year.

My plans are much more modest. I will be making the tissue holders for teachers and co-workers. If I have time I will be making table runners for Mum and my mil. That is it.

If I had more time I would make seasonal place mats for my nieces and nephew, but I think I will run out of time.

Today I am shopping for my Secret Santa gift. I will also be making her a little something, but I am not revealing that here.

I work full time, so do not have a lot of time available to make things.
    Attending University. I will graduate a year after my son and year before my daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomOf3 View Post
    I just wrote my schedule & deadlines for my crafty must-get-dones from now until the end of the year...

14 quilts, ranging in size from approx 15 inches square to full size.
    &
    1 play cloak!

what are you working on from now until Christmas?

OMG! I've got all sorts of stuff going-----------but it's all more "stocking stuffer" rather than main gift.
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

I love Princess Ina's quilt and the trains are soooooooo cute, too. Great work.
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

I've been asked to make a chef's hat and apron...with his Chef XXX embroidered on it......for a 1 yr old. Anything past that (quilted) will be voluntary and for fun!

I have planned 1 King sized quilt for a friend that doesn't celebrate Christmas because he is Jewish. It will be a Hanukka/birthday (Jan. 2nd) present that will prob be done around Christmas time. I also have a lot of PUL scraps from making my grandbaby's cloth diapers that I will probably be making into reusuable sandwich and snack bags for the school age grandkids.

Thats about it along with all the cookie and candy making type stuff that I tend to do around the holidays.

Edited to add: The neighbors that live a few doors down just got married last St. Pats day. I saved their wedding invite which is of course done on white paper with green lettering. I want to make them a Christmas ornament that looks like this http://christyrobbins.blogspot.com/2...-ornament.html
    Last edited by GrandmaNewt; 10-06-2012 at 01:03 PM.

Right now I'm working on items to sell at my craft shows in November. Just finished about 30 tissue holders, and now will move on to some scarves. I'm also painting items as well so I'm going back and forth between sewing and painting things. After my craft shows are over, I have to make my son a quilt for Christmas (along with matching pillowcases and a curtain), finish my hubby's quilt and a wall hanging for my daughter.

I am working on the Christmas Flag quilt featured in the Quilters' newletter mag. Patterns for three blocks appear each week are on the internet and will continue until 11/5. (This began on 7/2)

I do believe that it will be Christmas 2013..or perhaps 2014!!!!

lots & lots of pieces as it is PPing and there are hundreds of pieces to the patterns..but I will say....

IT IS A CHALLENGE .............

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandmaNewt View Post

Edited to add: The neighbors that live a few doors down just got married last St. Pats day. I saved their wedding invite which is of course done on white paper with green lettering. I want to make them a Christmas ornament that looks like this http://christyrobbins.blogspot.com/2...-ornament.html
    WoW! Christy Robbins' blog is chock full of great, inexpensive and very creative ideas. Thanks for posting her blog!

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast