Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Christmas Project a Month for 2011 >

Christmas Project a Month for 2011

Christmas Project a Month for 2011

Old 12-28-2010, 04:13 AM

I was so glad to have lots of Christmas fabric in my stash this year. Had extra people for dinner and had to bring in the outdoor chairs. Bit hard and a bit grubby. Gave them a clean, wrapped up 4 blankets in Christmas material and ta da had 4 extra comfy Christmas chairs.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:16 AM

that is my plan, I am in
Old 12-28-2010, 05:37 AM

As for the round napkins will look at my print out and see if I can post the site. Know that where I saw them the first time...at a quilt store...there was a pattern you could buy but I found a free one online.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by PiecesinMn
I've been going through my stuff trying to get organized (LOL) and I have all this Christmas fabric, panels, etc. Seems if I wait until closer to Christmas it never gets done because of all the other Christmas commitments so . . . I'm thinking of doing a Christmas project/block (not necessarily a gift for anyone, just busting the Christmas fabric) a month and wondering if anyone cares to join in. Falalalala.

This is an excellent idea. It will clear out your stash and you will be ready when the holidays come.

The items you don't have people for can be donated to charities to auction off for fund raisers. In my area, these happen in the Fall and people are all about getting stuff for Christmas in the Fall. I made a cheater baby quilt and gave it to the church to raffle off. I couldn't believe how much money they made at $1.00 a ticket! Now I've been asked to make another quilt for a different charity project.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:43 AM

Will you be posting this in the swap area or will we keep this link right here?
Old 12-28-2010, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by quiltlin
Will you be posting this in the swap area or will we keep this link right here?
It's not really a swap, but more of a group project.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:08 AM

I also think we need to have a show and tell each month like most quilt guilds do. That way we can show our progress and get and give new ideas.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:06 AM
Re

Where are you located in St. Louis? I am in Fenton and I see you are from St. Louis as well.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:44 AM

I have some Christmas Fabric left. Are you suggesting a trade or swap or what. This sounds good to me. If I may make a suggestion, could itbe geared to the month and does it need to be quilted? For January Kitchen Mitts to keep out the cold, February Valentines, etc. Would love to do this.

Originally Posted by PiecesinMn
I've been going through my stuff trying to get organized (LOL) and I have all this Christmas fabric, panels, etc. Seems if I wait until closer to Christmas it never gets done because of all the other Christmas commitments so . . . I'm thinking of doing a Christmas project/block (not necessarily a gift for anyone, just busting the Christmas fabric) a month and wondering if anyone cares to join in. Falalalala.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:01 AM

I got to Walmart this a.m. and none of the Christmas fabric was marked down. I picked out some other fabric for quilts (my goal not a resolution is not to buy any more fabric in 2011, but use up my stash) and rang the bell. I was fortunate to have the dept. mgr. arrive to wait on me and while she was cutting my fabric I mentioned to her that someone on the QB and said that all the Christmas fabric was down to $2.22yd, was that wrong? She said "no" it was $2.22yd, but they couldn't mark it down, because it hadn't been advertised......so I picked out 6 more fabrics. LOL
Ready for this project a month. Doing the happy dance.