Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Christmas Project Weekend Retreat >

Christmas Project Weekend Retreat

Christmas Project Weekend Retreat

Old 12-22-2013, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingbuddy View Post
It's Sat night & I'm finding out just now that we will be having Christmas company next weekend (yes, lucky me they will actually come after Christmas). But I need a quilted gift for them as every other family got hand made items. Is it too late for me to join in the fun here? I'm thinking table runner...that should be doable right?
A table runner sounds great! I've been wanting to do one for my house but having a hard time picking a pattern.
Old 12-22-2013, 04:27 AM

Yes. I'm still thinking about those mug rugs.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:36 AM

I just have to finish the hand work on my GD quilt. I also made a slew of fifteen minute table runners for family. I have to finish two. I put some warn and natural in them and free motion quilted them. Turned out pretty nice! Oh I also made curtains for my DH and DS's hunting cabin. Have lots of stuff to do today. Merry Christmas everyone!!!
Old 12-22-2013, 07:34 AM

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Reba'squilts View Post
I just have to finish the hand work on my GD quilt. I also made a slew of fifteen minute table runners for family. I have to finish two. I put some warn and natural in them and free motion quilted them. Turned out pretty nice! Oh I also made curtains for my DH and DS's hunting cabin. Have lots of stuff to do today. Merry Christmas everyone!!!

I'm guessing that none of you doing these projects have regular meals or household chores to do also. I am overwhelmed this time of year just to get my everyday things done much less go to the sewing room. Guess I am just not efficient enough or organized at all. Yall just put me to shame. Do you all have long-arms? I don't see how you make even table runners and get them quilted and bound in the time that you seem to!! yikes! I feel very inadequate!
Old 12-22-2013, 08:50 AM
Power Poster

OK, I don't have as many projects as you do, however, I am working on finishing a quilt for our DGD for Christmas. I got the top finished in May just before I had surgery on my shoulder. I'm hampered by not having the full use of my shoulder yet, but I'm going to do my best to finish it for her as she just got a "Big Girl's" bed, so my son is anxious for the quilt to be done. Wish me luck.
Old 12-22-2013, 02:05 PM

I am finishing the last of the 7 quilts I have made for adult family members, then I have 5 hot pot mats to finish binding and I will be ready to wrap tomorrow when DD comes over for our wrap party. Must get some eggnog for us.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:51 PM

I still have some Christmas presents to wrap -- but I've only made one small quilt for Christmas. All of a sudden Christmas is almost here! Where does the time go!
Old 12-22-2013, 06:07 PM

I have decided that next Christmas I will not have to rush to get everything done. Yesterday, I started making the quilt I will give my sister next Christmas. My goal is to make two quilts a month. I am not going to be rushing around at the last minute as I did this year.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by franc36 View Post
I have decided that next Christmas I will not have to rush to get everything done. Yesterday, I started making the quilt I will give my sister next Christmas. My goal is to make two quilts a month. I am not going to be rushing around at the last minute as I did this year.
You are most productive! Two quilts a month would be a miracle in my book. Good plan and best of luck with it. May the odds be ever in your favor...

I finished that stocking, now for the mug rugs. Nammie, I also can't believe that Christmas is almost here already! This would also be the first year I'm giving away hand made gifts in a long long time.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]452921[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 2007-04-07-18.06.54sm.jpg  
Old 12-23-2013, 06:46 PM
Power Poster

Got all mine done.....Yeah....