Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
cleaning bobbin area question >

cleaning bobbin area question

cleaning bobbin area question

Old 10-07-2012, 07:50 AM

OK.........am going to throw this out there.......I use nothing but a can of compressed air. everytime I change
my bobbin, I give it a blast......been doing it for Years and years now......on both my computerized machine and my older Bernina.......
Old 10-07-2012, 09:29 AM

Its always been said that blowing into the machine will make the dust go inside the motor area and should never be done! Glad to know you've not had problems doing it!
Old 10-07-2012, 09:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by chamby View Post
I did order what I have from them. It was not a small vac. It was attachments. I will look again to see if I can find it. Thanks.
I think it is just the attachments.
I have a wholesale acct. with them and have it sitting here for a customer pickup.
Just looked at it and you're right - no machine, just attachments.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Nanamoms View Post
Just a note of caution: I was going to purchase one of those mini vacs from Office Depot that is used for keyboards/computers but the clerk told me to "save my $$" that it didn't work well at all. I have been on the lookout for one ever since. Going to check on the above recommendations! Thanks!
You're right. I have one of those and it "ain't worth a dime"
Old 10-07-2012, 10:09 AM

Patski - I checked on Nancy's Notions and couldn't find a small vacuum for cleaning my machine - only attachments for a large vacuum. Could you tell me the name of yours and I will look again? Thanks
Old 10-07-2012, 10:12 AM

I use a small paint brush or a makeup brush. Seems to keep everything in working order.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by chamby View Post
Just wondering if there is a gadget out there to vacum out the bobbin area on our sewing machines. I have a drop in bobbin and when it collects fuss balls the bobbin will skip. I have the small attachments for my regular vacum. However, it is a hassel to drag out that big machine each time. Just wondering if there is such a thing as a hand held mini vac just for machines and electronics. If so where can I purchase one. If anyone knows I know the quilting board will know this answer. Thanks so much ahead of time.
Just saw one at our Walmart yesterday. I'm another using canned air for years, no problems. My 8 years old computerised machine just had it's first deep cleaning.No fuzz packed in, it was actually pretty clean. My new Juki has a sliding door (?) in the bottom to open to let the fuzz balls out. That tells me they want me to use canned air.(grin)
Old 10-07-2012, 10:55 AM

Every machine I ever bought had a little stiff brush in the attachment compartment that I have always used when cleaning out the bobbin case...Works wonderful....sometimes less is better.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by SunQuilts View Post
Patski - I checked on Nancy's Notions and couldn't find a small vacuum for cleaning my machine - only attachments for a large vacuum. Could you tell me the name of yours and I will look again? Thanks
I bought the "teeny tiny tank" from Nancy's when it was on sale for $19.99. It is currently on sale in her late summer catalog for $24.99 it is on page 27.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:22 AM

check out this link
http://www.nancysnotions.com/product...vacuum+tank.do

I'll put this one on my wish list!