Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Cleaning the bobbin area >

Cleaning the bobbin area

Cleaning the bobbin area

Old 07-17-2016, 05:15 PM

On my first machine, it isn't hard to clean, and no danger of my messing it up. There is that danger on the Featherweight.
So, on the first machine, I don't really have a se schedule. So,I clean it about every 3 weeks, if I am doing a of sewing. On the featherweight, I can tell when it needs cleaning and oiled; it sort of "tells me" the way it is sewing.
Mariah
Old 07-18-2016, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mariah View Post
On my first machine, it isn't hard to clean, and no danger of my messing it up. There is that danger on the Featherweight.
So, on the first machine, I don't really have a se schedule. So,I clean it about every 3 weeks, if I am doing a of sewing. On the featherweight, I can tell when it needs cleaning and oiled; it sort of "tells me" the way it is sewing.
Mariah
Yes, same here with all three of my vertical bobbin machines. I listen to how they sound and that helps me decide if they need to be oiled more frequently than my usual twice a month. The one I use the most is the PQ1500s, so it is the one that sometimes needs to be oiled more frequently.

Rob
<object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object>