Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Close >

Close

Close

Old 08-19-2015, 04:47 AM
Power Poster

I would rent a car for a day and go where I wanted. Most rental services will bring the car to you and pick it up. It's no hassle at all. The last car I rented it was all handled by phone and I signed when the car was brought to me. In fact the last hotel had rental cars on site, just picked up the key at the front desk.
Old 08-19-2015, 06:02 AM

Never used Uber, a little intimidating for me
Old 08-19-2015, 04:54 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

When I owned my shop we would send someone to pick up a customer in such situations. They were rare occasions, and I was often that driver, but we also made sure the customer realized we were just a regular person with regular car insurance, not a "for hire" professional. We made some wonderful friends this way that led to online business with them after the fact.

Jan in VA
Old 08-20-2015, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Thanks for the info on the sales tax, that would have been a surprise. Going to take shuttle to downtown and mosey Around and see if I can find the quilt shop if not will ask about shuttle to the shop tomorrow.
Ask the shuttle driver where it is, he/she might know, or know how to find out.....
Old 08-20-2015, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
When I owned my shop we would send someone to pick up a customer in such situations. They were rare occasions, and I was often that driver, but we also made sure the customer realized we were just a regular person with regular car insurance, not a "for hire" professional. We made some wonderful friends this way that led to online business with them after the fact.

Jan in VA
You are such a warm giving person, that this does not surprise me in the least. Wish we lived closer. I would love to share a cuppa with you. Thank you again for a great idea.
Old 08-20-2015, 10:44 AM

Our daughter lives in Naperville. Beautiful area. Take a taxi into town. Well worth the cost. I have not been to any of the quilt shops in town ( want to spend as much time with our daughter as I can while we are visiting). While you are there take a walk along the River Walk pathway. It is a very nice relaxing stroll along the water. Our daughter lives two blocks from the beginning away from town. ( I'm not good with directions). Enjoy your time in Naperville.
Sue.
Old 08-20-2015, 08:33 PM

I live in Oregon and any state I go to has sales tax, and still get surprised every time. (Except Washington - I can show my Oregon ID and not pay the tax. It is a nice gesture on their part and I appreciate it. Found some great shops in Vancouver, Washington this past month. Very friendly and helpful.
Old 08-21-2015, 07:29 AM

It sure would be nice if Oregon reciprocated and wouldn't charge Washington workers Oregon state income tax!
Old 08-22-2015, 09:34 AM

Default Uber

get Uber to take you