Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Clover Wonder Clips

Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

Clover Wonder Clips

I have to say I am loving these little red Wonder Clips. I have been working on 6 quilts for children over the last 2 weeks and I have used these. Makes sewing on the binding SOOOOO much easier for me than pinning or using those hair clips. They are a bit pricey in LQS and JoAnns' but if you go to Amazon you can get the 50 pack for under $20.
    Myrna

They say money does not buy happiness, but it buys fabric & fabric makes me happy!!

I havent been able to find them at my small town JoAnns. My LQS shop has some but they are a bit pricey, so 50 for $20 at Amazon is a great deal!

I have been wanting to purchase these for a few months now after I saw one of the workers at my LQS using them. They look like they would be a huge help when binding those quilts. I did see them cheapest on Amazon and will most likely buy them there. Can't wait to get them but of course that has to go on the list with the other hundreds of things I need and more importantly want.
    Bernice
    City girl with a country heart!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2 View Post
    I have to say I am loving these little red Wonder Clips. I have been working on 6 quilts for children over the last 2 weeks and I have used these. Makes sewing on the binding SOOOOO much easier for me than pinning or using those hair clips. They are a bit pricey in LQS and JoAnns' but if you go to Amazon you can get the 50 pack for under $20.
    I totally agree. I bought 100 of them from Amazon at a really good price and I use mine every time I bind a quilt. I consider them one of my necessities in the sewing room

Blog Entries
    I love them too! I hated using all those pins when doing my binding and those darn hair clips, well lets just say that I am glad I only invested $2 in them! I could never get them to stay and hold the binding on! I originally bought a 10 pack of the clips and after I used them the first time, I realized that I loved them and promptly ordered the 50 count box!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Blog Entries
    Have them, love them. Everyone that has them has already tossed the hair clips. I think they look pretty too, like a box full of jewels.
    Got fabric?

I just bought some, but I haven't used them yet. I will in a couple of weeks when I finish up the quilt I'm working on. I'm looking forward to not pricking my fingers and bleeding on the quilt!

I bought them on Amazon some time ago and used them for the first time in June. They were terrific!! But at the new price point I might buy another 50 so I can position the entire binding on a larger quilt.

Temple, TX (Transplanted from New York 2010)
    I use them all the time. I have even used them to hold zippers in place while I stitch it down. I will have to add some more to my wish list. lololololo.

Have a blessed day.

debra
    cny_sewer39

Sew Much Fabric, Sew Little Time...

Having never heard of them I had to look them up.
    How long are they, they look like clothepins.
    Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....
    Quote Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
    Having never heard of them I had to look them up.
    How long are they, they look like clothepins.
    Thanks.

They are mini clothes pins in a way, they are 1"
    Myrna

They say money does not buy happiness, but it buys fabric & fabric makes me happy!!

I go to the dollar store and get the small binder clips. They work great and are much cheaper. You don't have to even settle for the black ones; they have "designer colored patterns" too! Much cheaper.

I found them at Beverly's and used my 40% off coupons to collect them. Theu are $6.99 here in California but when I use the coupon they are only about $4.50 for the pack of 10.

other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia
    Blog Entries
    i just bought some when i went to the last craft show. they were a bit pricey at $10 for a pack of 10 but i am sick of getting stuck by pins!
    True friends are like diamonds
    They are precious and rare.

I picked mine up at Hancock Fabrics when they were running a instore "special" at a very good price. I'm not quite as sold on them but maybe it's because change is hard and I don't think of them until I'm done with a project. They also would make nice bag clips. You can't go wrong buying them.

I'm hooked on paper piecing and these clips are much better to use than pins. When joining seams, they slide on and off without distorting all the layers of paper & fabric. (Plus you can't accidentally sew over them). Just thought I'd give you a suggestion for another use for them other than bindings.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Blog Entries
    I bought them also from Amazon, but have yet to use them. I put my binding on using Sharon Shamber's glue method and don't need the clips. I guess I will just have to find another use for them!

I just love these clips!! I use them to hold the fabric in place while piecing. I've been making a queen-size Labyrinth quilt with lots of seams to match and they are amazing! I haven't used them for binding yet, but plan to with this quilt. You can't run over them with the machine like pins and they don't distort the fabric. Those little teeth just grab and hold. I bought the 50 pack from Amazon and I will probably buy another 50. Goodbye straight pins!!

Love them just ordered more on sale at Connecting Threads.

Blog Entries
    Haven't tried them yet but did purchase a package of 10 at a discount from Connecting Threads. From all your good reviews, guess I better get busy and bind the quilt I just got back from my LAQ.

I only clip about 6-8" at a time, so the small 10 pack is all I need. I sew a bit and when I remove the clips, I just leap frog over a clipped section and clip a new section. I did that with pins and now I do the same thing with clips. Works for me, and I don't have to buy 50 clips.

I use hair barets, cheap and they work great.
    Grandmeto6 aka Judy

I just used mine for the 1st time and I love them. connectingthreads have them on sale, think I will order some more.

BTW, I had trouble telling which side of the box was up and where it opened, so I marked the top and front. Maybe I'm the only one to have this problem, but marking it sure helps. May just be that pesky cataract I'm developing!

Blog Entries
    They are wonderful. I hardly ever use pins any more, what a great product. You must try them.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast