Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Clover Wonder Clips

Power Poster

Clover Wonder Clips

It seems like these would be a good thing to acquire.

I see that three sizes are available:

Mini

Original

Jumbo

I have been trying to get descriptions of the differences between them and not having much success at finding the information.

What size(s) do you use? Do you recommend getting some of each?

My sister has some, and she absolutely loves them. I am thinking about getting some.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

The mini size are very small. Perfect for mimi quilts etc. I use the Original size. Perfect for binding and when making purses that require a strong clip to hold layers together. Straight pins will not cut it and you end up pricking yourself. You will love Wonder Cips.
    sandygirl
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome 3160 QVC/ Janome 1100D serger, Juki 2020 Mini
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Really like my original size. I thought they were an unnecessary expense before i got them. I needed to spend a few more dollars once to get free shipping on an order, plus they were on sale...now I'm glad to have them. So nice to not be a human pincushion while hand sewing bindings on! My daughter also likes them for small leather projects and remaking thrift store clothing.

I have the original size and use when pins just wonít do the job i.e. sewing together thick layers like bags, duffel, purse, tote... I did use once for binding a quilt. Not something I use a lot but when Iíve needed them I was very glad to have them on hand!

Original and also thought just another thing I don't need until I agreed to buy 1/2 of. Lg bag of 50 with a friend who had a 60off coupons from Joann's...I love them ..not a waste of money ESP on sale

I had the small/medium clips and absolutely hated them, gave them to a student of mine, and she didn't like them either. LOL

I have the medium and love them. At first I balked at the price but they are worth it to me.

I have three boxes of the medium red ones and I use them all the time for french fold binding and making bags, other places where pins would cause damage or the layers are thick. I have three bags of the green jumbos that I use for wide satin binding among other things. I acquired them all with 50 percent off coupons at Michaels, I've looked at the mini ones but I haven't had a need for them yet.

I have the original ones and love them for bindings. My husband borrowed mine to use when he was sewing some leather seat covers. He didn't want to give them back. "smile" I haven't had a need for bigger or very smaller yet.
    Sew a Little, Love a Lot & Live like you were dying!

I use the original ones. Comes very handy when you are joining
    the binding. You know when your quilt is pulling one way when
    you're trying to join the binding? Well I just put one of those clips
    to hold the quilt together. A clothespin gets in the way...but this
    little clip works great.
    Also, they make great markers...like "Did I feed the fish today?"
    As long as you don't forget to move the marker.
    I also bought a set of long green ones but haven't really found a use
    for them yet.

original for binding, mini for piecing, use jumbo in frequently
    Brother (XL-3500i, CV3550, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D), Juki MO-2000QVP, Handiquilter Avante

Use them all the time, if you make anything using the clear vinyl, leather or silk great because they leave no marks. Bindings are a doddle with them, well worth the cost.

Have you ever been just stitching away and all of a sudden notice blood on your fabric? You have to stop and look for 1. where it is coming from, stop it and 2. how much is on my project and get it off ASAP. Once you use wonder clips instead of pins, you will never have this happen again!
    I have all three sizes and use them almost exclusively instead of pins. They are wonderful for clipping fabric together instead of pins. In addition to ALL the uses listed above, I also use them to attach labels to cut pieces of my projects, especially the pieces of totes, bags, etc. Front, back, zipper pocket, inside pocket etc. Use them to clip pre-cut fabric when going to a class or workshop where they want you to bring your fabric pre-cut into specific sizes.
    As you can tell, I love Wonder Clips and think they are one of the best sewing inventions in years. Oh and the bleeding issue, I don't have much sensitivity in my fingertips and can get stuck with a pin and not feel it but bleed rather easily, so it was a real issue for me until Wonder Clips came along.

I’ve got generic clips, and they work just as well. Got 100 for less than $10 on Amazon. Worth every penny, and just them for much more than quilting. Multi-taskers!!

For me they’re indispensible for putting on binding. I machine sew my binding and their quarter inch markings and the grip help to keep my sewing “in the ditch”.

I have the original (medium) ones. Love them for hand sewing the back of my bindings. They measure a 1/4 inch when placed up against the edge of the quilt.
    Retired USN Senior Chief

Quote Originally Posted by cindi View Post
    I’ve got generic clips, and they work just as well. Got 100 for less than $10 on Amazon. Worth every penny, and just them for much more than quilting. Multi-taskers!!
    I also got the generic clips. I don't use the measurement marks, so I've never been worried if those were not accurate, so haven't paid attention to see if there is a difference there, I just know they hold things together great. And they are much cheaper!

This is the one I bought, but there are also sets that have some of the "jumbo" clips.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    If your dreams don't scare you, they aren't big enough!

I also like the regular size for bindings among other things and the jumbo ones can't be beat for making bags.

Blog Entries
    Regular size for me and I will say they are among my favorite notions. I would hate to do without them especially for binding. I haven't seen any need for mini or maxi ones and I make all sizes of quilts.
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

I detest pins so the clips are a must for me. I use the original size the most. I have a large tin box full of them. I use them in place of a pin whenever possible. They hold tight. I had a few left on the binding of my quilt and they stayed on in the washer and when a clanging noise was coming from the dryer was when I discovered it. All were still attached.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

When I look at the prices I just shudder. I also bought the generic clips at Amazon and will buy more.

Power Poster
    Thank you for all the responses - now I am off to go shop for some of them.

DJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy Hollow View Post
    I also got the generic clips. I don't use the measurement marks, so I've never been worried if those were not accurate, so haven't paid attention to see if there is a difference there, I just know they hold things together great. And they are much cheaper!

This is the one I bought, but there are also sets that have some of the "jumbo" clips.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Thanks for the link! I ordered!

I have the generic and original. I like the Wonder Clips the best. I have them mixed up in my tin and I can tell which ones are the Wonder Clips when I use them compared to the generic ones. Be careful of inexpensive name brand Wonder Clips they can be counterfeits. http://clovercatalog.com/wc/wc.pdf
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast