Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Clutter!! It keeps following me!! >

Clutter!! It keeps following me!!

Clutter!! It keeps following me!!

Old 11-17-2011, 10:31 AM

I try to have controlled clutter. My husband just closes the door if I am not around. It sometimes looks like a tornado hit the room!
Old 11-17-2011, 10:51 AM

Tell hubby to take a pill and chill out!

He sounds like one of my quilting buddies. He keeps sticking his nose in her sewing room fussing yet she keeps it very clean.

One day while I was there sewing with her he started it up and I told him to take a pill and chill out and while he was chilling out would he show us his man cave where he keeps and plays with all his toys.

He hasn't bothered her since I said that to him.

Men need to chill out, leave us alone, and go play in there man caves so we gals can play as we see fit in our girlie caves. :-)
Old 11-17-2011, 10:57 AM

We must be sisters LOL. Thankfully, though my DH is not a neat freek although he does whine and complain about how can I make such a mess while I'm cleaning! After all these years, I just ignore him. He is getting tired of seeing my sewing stuff everywhere so he is talking about making a crawl space in our basement into a real room for me. I would love to have a room to myself but I'm not holding my breath. We've lived in this house almost 15 years and he's talked about making the crawl space a room before ... but I can dream.

Suzy
Old 11-17-2011, 11:35 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by EllenwoodGa View Post
I don't clean my quilting area while working on a project. I agree, everything (rulers,pins,patterns,etc)is within reach that I am using. I read a book once that very intellingent people do their best work in clutter! LOL
If that is true I would like you to meet the smartest person I know ME. (Just kidding) My place is so small I have to clean up after each session or we couldn't do anything. Funny post. BrendaK
Old 11-17-2011, 12:25 PM

Clutter....whats that???????????????? lol Honey it is everywhere I look so maybe that is the way life is ...cluttered..lol
Old 11-17-2011, 01:59 PM
Power Poster

I am working on FOUR charity quilts that have to be finished by Christmas. I TOO sometimes wonder who else is making such a mess while I am sleeping ?!?!?!?!?

Last edited by ManiacQuilter2; 11-17-2011 at 02:02 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:12 PM

OMG! I am a mess... No matter how hard i try, i look up from my project and it looks like a tornado came thru. Every time i clean, i swear i am going to be neat from now on... It hasn't happened yet
Old 11-17-2011, 06:17 PM

i dedicate one plastic bin with a lid to tidying up....at the end of a session, i scoop up the nearest stack of 'things'...put them in the bottom of the bin, stainless bowl that lives in the sewing area in next, all sharp or small pcs in the bowl, another stack from another spot, notebook in, another stack...i keep on this way, separating each stack of fabric with something hard to keep them separate... lid on, hide in some room or other, when sewing again, i unstack in the reverse order, tuck bin out of sight and go right back to work. in the middle, i am able to get at table and work area...
Old 11-17-2011, 06:53 PM

At the beginning of a project I start out pretty neat. Gradually things deteriorate until I finish the project (if I can hold out that long). Then I put everything away, vacuum, clean the machine etc. I really hate to spend time looking for a tool when I need it so occasionally stop and put away tools.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:59 PM

If you spend time cleaning up, you will have less time to sew..........thats my story..........as long as I can find things, what else matters.... I am lucky enough to have my sewing room all to myself, so no one else has to even go in there...and my hubby would never complain, as he is messier than I ever have been...I do find that, once in awhile, I just have to straighten things up, just a bit.............but not all the time, and not too much straight........