Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Clutter!! It keeps following me!! >

Clutter!! It keeps following me!!

Clutter!! It keeps following me!!

Old 11-15-2011, 08:10 PM

I am lucky to have a good size room just for me. It is used as a combination sewing-craft room, I only have one project out at a time. I may have lots of WIP, or UFO's but only out if I'm working on them. I learned the hard way to pick up between projects, or if I want to change projects, quilts and oil paint do not mix! LOL I will tidy up at the end of the day(no door you can see in there from the front door) but if I'm planning on working on the same project tomarrow It will all stay out. My longarm and most of my fabric is stored in a seprate room
Old 11-15-2011, 08:17 PM

I have to clean up regularly ...I have a lot of stuff in my sewing room....and as soon as it becomes messy...I can't work well...it clutters my brain...I start losing things...tripping over things...and wasting too much time...
Old 11-15-2011, 08:32 PM

My work area is just that - a work area - so it always has a project(s) in progress. Right now it is also a major disaster area as I still don't have my shelves installed. I can't find anything and I keep pulling stuff out of boxes to try to find what I know is buried in one of them, which one however is the question! And now I have a couple of people using my workspace as well since we've done something weird to the outlet that is supposed to give them power in their workspace. Hopefully this issue will be resolved soon.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:42 PM

I totally agree with you. I do not have a dedicated sewing room. My sewing space is on the dinning room table. I have things scattered from one end of the table to the other. I do not put things away very often because I'm only going to be dragging them right back out the very next day. Why waste time and energy doing that when I can use the extra time for quilting? Besides, we have a table in the breakfast room so why do we even need a dinning room? LOL
Old 11-16-2011, 07:04 AM

Im not a neat freak but everything has its place cause I dont like looking for stuff.
My house gets dusty and I have piles of paper and magazines but they are in stacks not strown around.
My sewing room has threads and scraps on the floor but my tools are where they belong.
My bins are not neat and tidy but the fabric that belongs in them is there until I get around to refolding them.
My house is not a show place, it is lived in.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:10 AM

Sometimes I have so much going on in my mess that I have to stop and organize it before I can tell where I am. lol. I had just done that so I could finish these UFO's when our son came to stay and that is my in my sewing and craft room. He does not mind if I come in and do things but, I always feel like I am intruding.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:41 AM

With me, everything seems to end up on the floor when I am sewing. I hardly ever clean it up right away. OK, maybe never. But, one thing that bothers me now is I've wrapped my fabrics on boards and they look so nice, I don't want to mess them up. When I go thru them and make a mess, it really bothers me now. But, I enjoy wrapping fabric more than I ever thought I would. Sometimes that's all I want to do. Doesn't help get much sewing done!
Old 11-16-2011, 07:53 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Im fortunate that I have a designated sewing room, with that being said there are days when I just need to hang a sign on the door that says 'Disaster area, watch for falling fabric Avalanches" but most days I like to straighten up - not clean up- but I like to put my notions away, dust off the lint from my machines, fold and put away fabrics im done with so its inviting to come back and play a while..
Old 11-16-2011, 08:38 AM

DH used to be a neat freak -- but my sewing room is off limits. A couple of weeks ago I spread into a guest bedroom and he is making noises about the mess. When I start a wuilt I pull everything that I think might go out and lay it out on the bed -- hopefully I can get it celaned up as soon as I finish.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:03 AM

Everything is in its place - handy to where I am quilting or sewing and not locked away where I can't find it or have difficulty getting it out and putting it away all the time. It only seems to worry the neat freaks. I'm not bothered and I'm the one who lives here, not them. I am amazed that they feel the need to comment after a 10 minute visit anyway. It is only work mess - not something that will attract vermin.