Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Coastal Quilt Shops? >

Coastal Quilt Shops?

Coastal Quilt Shops?

Old 04-11-2014, 08:51 AM

Default Coastal Quilt Shops?

Hubby and I are headed to Ocean City, MD for the first time for five days. Will probably head into the coastal DE area north and south into the Assateague area of northern VA. Are their any quilt shops/fabric stores I should stop in? It isn't as though I need another blessed thing, but would hate to miss out on sampling an important part of the local culture! We'll be coming south on PA, route 81, then sneaking around the Philly area and then south. Thanks.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:44 PM

OC, MD - one of my favorite places. In fact, we were just there a few weeks ago.

The only true LQS is Serendipity Quilt shop in Dagsboro, DE (http://www.serendipityquiltshop.com). They are a very nice, friendly shop, lots of homespun fabrics there. Turn left onto Route 20 from either Rt. 13 or Rt. 113 in DE if you're going on the inland route. It's about a 45 min. drive from there to Ocean City.

When are you headed there? We won't be there again until the end of June. PM me if you'd like some restaurant recommendations.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:43 PM

I don't think you will be going down the NJ route, but dh and I went to Atlantic City a couple of yrs ago and took the scenic route back north. I don't remember the route or how far out of AC it was, but we came across a great quilt shop. The owner was originally from Gloucester, Ma. She has a great shop and would return if I was in the area again. Wherever we go, I always seek out LQS.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:22 PM

There is a wonderful quilt shop called maresbears in Lewes DE. It is on the internet, wonderful people, I know I live here and it is about 5 miles from me. I live about 26 miles from MD and been to OC lots of times.Hope you have fun here. Rhona
Old 04-12-2014, 08:53 AM

Thanks for your suggestions, everyone! I'll have a crab cake, buy some fabric and thing of you.