Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Coats and Clark plastic snags? Am I the only one? >

Coats and Clark plastic snags? Am I the only one?

Coats and Clark plastic snags? Am I the only one?

Old 02-19-2018, 11:24 AM

I've had a few old C&C do that, but on my machines I can just turn the spool over. I'm not buying any new C&C unless it's an emergency. Too stiff. Anyone know what thread Hobby Lobby carries?
Old 02-19-2018, 01:15 PM

I also just turn the spool over, use a cap and I also use a spool "sock" It's an elastic sort of netting made to fit around the spool so that it doesn't unwind too fast. It also holds the thread away from the spool just far enough to avoid the edges of the spool.
Old 02-19-2018, 01:58 PM

A spool cap bigger than the spool of thread should stop that. Or try putting it on a vertical spindle. I have been known to take a sharp knife or exacto and scraping the ridges; sometimes there is a tiny piece of plastic that was cut off in the making of the spools.
Old 02-19-2018, 02:52 PM

I had such problems with their rough spools and thread issues I threw them all out and started with aurifil. No more thread and spool issues.
Old 02-19-2018, 04:37 PM

No, you are not the only one. Just 3 weeks ago I got so tired of that same problem.I had 3 spools that I had bought at Hancock's before they closed. I called C&C in Greer S C talked to their customer service. They were so nice to me, said they were having trouble with their spool molds. They sent me replacement thread which I received in about 3 days. I looked on line and got their number. Don't just throw your money away. They said we should never have to repair their spools. Good luck.