Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Collectible tins... but NOT Frivols >

Collectible tins... but NOT Frivols

Collectible tins... but NOT Frivols

Old 09-09-2016, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Evie View Post
I have a lovely tin from 1997 with a "Baltimore Album" Christmas quilt that once held Milky Way candy. I wasn't a quilter back then nor particularly fond of Milky Way, so I don't know how I obtained it. It now holds my collection of small templates.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]557842[/ATTACH]
I have this same tin. Love it!
Old 09-09-2016, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Evie View Post
I have a lovely tin from 1997 with a "Baltimore Album" Christmas quilt that once held Milky Way candy. I wasn't a quilter back then nor particularly fond of Milky Way, so I don't know how I obtained it. It now holds my collection of small templates.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]557842[/ATTACH]
I have two of those and I love Milky Way candy so double reason to buy. +I started collecting sewing tins in the eighty's and have so many filled with unfinished projects. I have all kinds of kitchen tins which hold my edibles.
Old 09-10-2016, 08:21 AM
Power Poster

I love the tins too. I have ones for different uses in many places of my home. Some even in the garage holding specialty tools. I think singer came out with a darling series some time ago, and I grabbed them while I could. I keep such things as different sized binding makers in one. Another has the clover Yo Yo and flower makers in it. I have a huge one for my button collection and even my fmq'ing foot from bernina came in it's own tin.
Of course I had to have my cookie cutters stored in something, and extra makeup in my dressing area has a few. My pantry has promotional tins and jars I love too. Tins, paper mache', ceramic covered containers, glass containers are my favorite things to keep things in. Love them!

I think many of the manufacturers use them as promotional items at christmas time.

I guess my family and friends know that too, because I have a few that were gifted to me through the years.

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 09-10-2016 at 08:25 AM.