Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Colors being used in Current quilt project?

Blog Entries
    AnnieRose, the 301, is making a Quilt for Kids in bright stripes and bright print triangles. May need to add some white if I run out of the prints. This is from my stash so I can send one along with the one from the Downy kit.

Miss Ella, the Elna, has finished pink and black and is ready to start a bright Moda line called Happy - lots of turquiose. I'll need to add purple for that daughter.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by watterstide
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdaniel023
    I am making a floral log cabin. I love how it is turning out.
    the floral log cabins are so beautiful! never saw anything like them, until i saw them here, done by "barnbum"!
    fun fun fun!
    barnbum is my inspiration. I hope mine is half as good as hers.

Black/White/Red with Kliban the cat.

All colours for a random/mindless/wonky/scrappy but will have red sashing and flashes of red in the backing.

Blues/white in one that is almost finsihed.
    and pastels in a D9P for the one I just started. Also my first D9P.

Blog Entries
    I am doing dark teal, light teal, olive green, tan and beige. It is my sampler quilt, using three different fabric designs, one solid beige, one light print of teal flowers and the other is a dark teal background with beige flowers and dark olive green leaves. It is from the Clara Barton collection by Windham. Now I find out I can't get either of the prints, so I have to work around it. I have seventeen 12" blocks made and 36 to go, and I know I don't have enough fabric, so I will either cut back or get another solid print to fill in with a solid block. Don't know yet. The LQS didn't figure out correctly how much fabric I would need. So here I sit, wondering if I will even get it finished. It is a super special quilt for my husband and I as a remembrance of our 50th anniversary. Oh, it'll work out one way or the other. I'll make it work out! Edie

Blog Entries
    I am working on several; aren't we all?
    Am working on a big one, greens, yellows, teals, blacks, browns, its Origins by Moda
    Then some Quilts for Kids in the usual brights with black backgrounds
    And then I just put together a Jelly roll 1600 in purple batiks

Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!
    one Red-White-Blue
    one yellow & kids floral/butterfly (pink/blue)
    one hot pink & black
    one totally scrappy (using up many scraps to make a scrappy pinwheel, and daughter, 12, making one too... we've emptied one whole scrap bin!!!) :)
    Then on to black & gold

I'm using a dark blue batik with multiple brights.

Blog Entries
    I am using 6" squares, Civil War print and making a Disappearing 9 Patch with them. However, they sure are so pretty just as a 9 Patch lol....I might decide to not cut them into DNP :)

I'm sewing pillow covers for my sister's with my daddy's old ties. I am going to surprise them with a gift they forgot I have. Daddy passed away in 97.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan in VA
    Mine has navy, black, and white, with deep yellow borders.......Ugggggly!, LOL!

It's for my DD's husband Bert, of the Military Barracks Quilt Project fame. She designed it, wanted it to replicate his "device" which is his "family crest" (self-designed) chosen for their medieval reenactment hobby. Her "device" is the yellow borders with the star-thingy. That's all set-in with "Y" seams.

I'll have to make something quick, small, spring-fresh and floral after this one, just to clear the "taste" of this from my eyes!!! Never have made such a (personally) unpleasant quilt, LOL! To each his own!

Jan in VA
    Jan. don't feel bad - I have a similar project for DD - acid green, acid yellow and black/white. UGH. Making Baltimore Blocks (there's another thread on those) just to keep my eyes from hurting!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by CompulsiveQuilter
    I'm in the binding stage of a scrappy monotone lavender/purple for my neice's baby. It's a contemporary design, which I haven't done before.
    To rest, I do a few days of flying geese from scraps, building up to the completed-top stage.
    Next is finishing the border stage of a sampler with so many colors it's ridiculous - mostly autumn.
    Next are 4 "somethings" small crazy quilt projects using my dad's ties.
    And next ... and next ... and next ... and next. lol
    Me too on the.. And next ... and next ... and next ... and next.

What is D9P? Remember, I am new to quilting!

The colors on mine that are started:

Double Irish Chain in Black, Medium Purple and Light Yellow. This is a charity quilt for the Music Booster to sell chances on. Colors were picked for the school colors.

Magic Carpet Ride (Easter Egg Quilt as my DD call it) in Light colors of blue, green, pink and yellow AND

a scrappy quilt I won't even start with all the colors in it. Although, the solid block is a medium blue.

Blog Entries
    Scraps, scraps and more scraps. I am using all my leftovers from other projects. The weird thing is that the scrap pile seems to be growing!! It's scary!!!

Red, whites and black. It has cat images on it. It is the first one for me and is for my wife. We love cats...

Quote Originally Posted by ranger
    Scraps, scraps and more scraps. I am using all my leftovers from other projects. The weird thing is that the scrap pile seems to be growing!! It's scary!!!
    AMEN! I am also trying to organize my fabric stash and some of it that won't fit nicely on the cardboard forms that I am using is ending up in the scraps pile waiting for cutting.

I'm working on several :oops: I'm doing a Dear Jane BOM in civil war type prints; a BOM in bright orange, blue, green, yellow, red, purple (yeah, it's gonna blind you at 50 yards LOL); another project in blues and greens and neutrals; another project in oranges, blues, yellows, reds; strings and crumbs in whatever I grab out of the box; and a 1930's project.

Susan

My current project is black, white, several shades of dark red ranging from burgundy to wine, and Kona Cotton Curry (a solid dark gold).

Yes, I know this sounds weird but it actually coming together fairly well.

making my first large quilt for my daughters full size bed. Colors are black,deep purple,royal blue,light blue,light purple,navy blue. All but the black is batik fabric with a pattern in it. Looks good so far.

scraps for me, but scrap blocks I have done is in blues.

Blog Entries
    multple colors for a string quilt. Black,brights of 3 reds,yellow,lt blue,dk blue and green,Am finishing one with hand appliqued flowers,modified BA

I am using different reds (over 40) paired with black and white fabric. It's not my usual selection, but it is coming along nicely.

currently living outside of nashville, tn
    was using browns, yellows & wines with a few touches of pink. Had all the blocks made and then X'd that. Now using blues. Not really committed to them, either. It's the quilt that keeps reinventing itself. lol...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast