Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Commissioned Quilt >

Commissioned Quilt

Commissioned Quilt

Old 01-15-2020, 11:05 AM
mkc

Full refund with an apology for having not accurately quoted to begin with. The customer does not owe you anything (certainly not cost of check and postage) since you gave them a price and you are the one not able to meet it.

Just like buying anything (car, appliance, clothing). Picture yourself as the customer in that situation. You are quoted a price. You agree to the price. Then after the transaction has been agreed to, you are told "oh, gee, sorry. It's more than I told you." How would you feel? Not to sound harsh, but some might feel that was "bait and switch". I know I would.

If you fully refund with apologetic explanation the customer is less likely to come away with a negative impression. After all, he did nothing wrong. If you charge him for anything, he will likely tell others not to do business with you.
Old 01-15-2020, 03:50 PM
Power Poster

Welcome to this board.

I am so sorry for any loss you suffer due to this quilt.

I give away or donate my quilts. I pick out my fabrics in stash, colors etc.
Old 01-15-2020, 08:58 PM

So sorry you had to have this experience. I too quote higher rather than on the low side bc of varying costs. You practically gave away your first. No way do I tell someone a price w/o checking out costs. Give him his $150 back and call it good. Even using your stash you still lost money on the first one