Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Concealed handgun purse >

Concealed handgun purse

Concealed handgun purse

Old 04-12-2011, 04:53 AM

Gee and I was going to say you're a girl after my own heart. I haven't seen one, however I don't always carry my Ruger around on a daily basis. It's mostly a target pistol with a scope on it. I love shooting paper.

I couldn't ever shoot any animal unless absolutely necessary for food.

We should talk. I could use advice on my next choice for a weapon. LOL

If I see anything, I'll let you know.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:01 AM

Dumb question here, but are you all talkin' about just a purse that hangs over your shoulder? I'd think it'd be better to find a pattern that somehow wears as a sling so it couldn't be stolen (worn under the arm?). Even one you could wear on a belt perhaps, although it probably wouldn't be 'concealed' that way?
Old 04-12-2011, 05:04 AM

I have a ruger mark II with a scope for target. i know i wouldn't want to carry that every day. I also have a S&W M&P 9mm that too would be too heavy for me to want to lug around. What are you all carrying that you would want to tote around? Also wouldn't any purse you make be too light weight? Seems to me that if I were to attempt to pull the weapon the purse would have to be kinda weighty so that it didn't come up with the gun. I have not looked at these purses though.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by suebee
Originally Posted by LeslieSkelly
Does anyone have a pattern for a quilted concealed handgun purse? I know there are commercial companies that sell chl purses but I'd rather make my own.

Thank you!!!!

Leslie
Hi Leslie - Im going to be watching the responses on this one. I want to make one too! GREAT QUESTION!!!
Hey ladies

I conquer, so therefore I too am going to watch this thread!

TreeFrog
Old 04-12-2011, 05:25 AM

I've been wanting to make one too. I will be watching.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:29 AM

Does anyone have a pattern for a quilted concealed handgun purse? I know there are commercial companies that sell chl purses but I'd rather make my own.

Thank you!!!!

Leslie
Don't know if anyone else has already answered this or not, but this is what I found at www.calicojunction.net
http://www.gunpurse.net/ I clicked the link and it takes you right to the pattern. Good luck..keep us posted. Oh noooo...sorry, this is the link for handmade purses. This isn't a pattern but you may could look and figure it out. That's what I would do.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:31 AM

I have a leather purse with a reinforced shoulder strap and I also have a fannie pack which I like better when hiking and traveling. The leather purse is too heavy so would like something lighter.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by abdconsultant
Ok I gotta ask, how long you been packing?
Since August 2010....I love to shoot. I am also going to training once a month with a retired FBI agent. He has an awesome obstacle course set up that simulates places in your home that you might shoot around, over, under, through. Then once done with that, he has pipes that we shoot at that spin when we hit them. My accuracy on these 2 1/2 x 5 inch pipes is about 95%.

Sorry guys...this is the quilting board but guns come in a close 2nd in my book. Just call me "PPM" - pistol packin mama....
Still hopin' that someone can help me out on a pattern.

Leslie :D
Sounds awesome! I like to shoot too - my daughter actually teaches a hunters safety course at our local rod and gun club. I don't think I could ever actually "hunt" - but I love a shooting range. Enjoy! Hope you find that pattern.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:39 AM

My rifle would be kinda hard to conceal in my purse, even as large as it is! LOL!
What about lining your purse, or maybe just the pocket, with a sturdy material such as Cordura? Then you could put any attractive fabric on the outside
Old 04-12-2011, 05:47 AM
Administrator

i asked a few pages back that members not hijack this topic in order to spout their individual opinions about whether or not people should own/carry guns.

unfortunately i've had to yet again edit out several "debate comments".

with regret, i'm locking the topic.