Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Confusion with Warm Wishes

Warm Wishes

Hope the pic comes through of a Warm Wishes throw I made for a 13 year old cancer patient. He loves being outdoors with his dad and the focus fabric has pictures of deer. I found this fabric at Wal-Mart after shopping several places. Warm Wishes is usually my to-to pattern when I need something quick that looks more complicated than it really is. :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Maureen View Post
    I never heard of Warm Wishes, somebody post one please?
    I love it. just right amount of purple

Senior Member quilting in my60s's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redtweety View Post
    I love it. just right amount of purple
    I just "googled" warm wishes free pattern and got the one from Nov/Dec 2003 Quiltmaker magazine. I believe it was used as a Linus project???
    quilting with my dogs

I like look of the rail blocks when the center strip is a bit wider than the outer 2 strips. The suggestion to make the rail block first, then cut the focus block to match is brilliant. Mary Ellen Hopkins and her PPM (personal private measurement) advocacy made quilting less stressful and more fun for many folks. A great pattern for all occasions.

Whenever I teach Warm Wishes or a similiar pattern that requires pieced strips- I suggest that they be made first. Then measure the height and cut the width accordingly. Then cut the focus fabric. Sometimes there is a slight difference because of the seam allowances taken.

I made this quilt using music themed fabric for my grandson for Christmas, went together quick and the outcome was awesome...good luck, you'll love it!!!!!!!!!!!

Neesie your quilt is absolutely gorgeous. I love all the purple and really love the floral. You did a wonderful job on this one.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Okay I'm lost cool quilt though must look it up

Thanks, Another Phyllis! I'm hoping more people will post their WW versions; would be nice to have them all in one thread. It's amazing how different fabrics can make the same pattern look so different. I started cutting and piecing another WW top, yesterday evening. It's gonna be made in only three fabrics (frames all alike) and the colors are tan and navy. I LOVE how these make up so quickly!!!
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2