Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Connecting Threads.com >

Connecting Threads.com

Connecting Threads.com

Old 01-16-2012, 07:33 AM

This might help you, were stationed in Germany and there is next to no fabric stores here. So to guarentee quality when I order online I only order certain brands that I know are ALWAYS quality. Moda is my favorite and the variety of style and color, there is something for everyone. Robert Kaffman is also great. Both you can find on sale. My advise, find a quality brand to buy from when shopping online. I also shop from keepsake quilting for everything else because the have no kibble returns. Hope that helps!
Old 01-17-2012, 03:53 AM

Fellow Canadian here........lol......I do order a lot from Connecting Threads, even with the shipping, it's better than a lot of places here. We only have Atlantic Fabrics and Fabricville left. One quilt shop that I know of, but I just cannot pay 18.99 a metre when I can get it so much less expensive at Connecting Threads. Their Customer service is really good and so is their delivery time. Just my 2 cents worth Wendy
Originally Posted by Gabriola View Post
I know that some of you will have bought fabric on-line from Connecting Threads.com. It seems that the prices are very good, but could you comment on the quality of the cotton?
Fellow Canadians do you have favourite on-line shops for buying fabrics?
Thanks in advance for your help...it is always appreciated.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:33 AM

http://www.hamelsfabric.com/
They have a sale right now worthed and they have everything you need for quilting and more

http://www.fishskinfabric.com

Also from BC Jill has some nice fabric, Love the minky type for backing :-)

http://www.quiltfabriccloseouts.com

US site but check for the shipping chart and prices. I order almost every month there. Huge assortment awesome prices.

http://www.sew-sisters.com/
From Toronto

Accuquilt and other cutters and dies Canadian site
http://www.stitchintheditch.com

Last edited by chatonne40; 01-17-2012 at 04:37 AM.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:01 AM

I've bought from Connecting Threads several times. One time I was really unhappy with the fabric as it was so thin and flimsy - I called them - they gave me a credit for the purchase price to use on my next order and told me to toss the fabric rather than going to the expense of returning it. I've gotten some really pretty batiks from them. I really like their thread also. Customer service is really nice and they have always shipped quickly.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:00 AM

I have never been disappointed with the fabric from Connecting Threads. You can't beat the price, fast shipping and customer service! If you are hesitant, why not buy one of their samplers?
Old 01-17-2012, 06:20 AM

A quilting friend gave me their catalog a few years ago and I have been ordering from them since. I also like their sale kits.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:50 AM

I have only ordered from them once (for fabric) as I was always skeptical about buying fabric over the net. My order was all on sale fabric & I was very impressed both with the quality & the price. The shipping was unbelievably fast & this was at Christmas, so I was amazed that it came as fast as it did. It was all priced at less than $3.00 a yard & even at Fabricland's half price sale, they couldn't beat this for price & quality. We have only 1 place to purchase fabric here & that's Fabricland (in Northern Ontario, Canada) so it was nice to finally test the waters & order fabric over the net.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:07 AM

I have been pleased with everything I have gotten from CT.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:16 AM

I bought some of their $4.96 a yard fabric and was blown away by the quality! I love CT!!
Old 01-17-2012, 07:18 AM

I buy from them all the time really like their fabric and thread. mkay