Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Connecting Threads Fabric >

Connecting Threads Fabric

Connecting Threads Fabric

Old 08-19-2010, 11:47 PM

I have used them, and was very happy with my order
Old 08-20-2010, 04:45 AM

I hope someone from Connecting Threads sees this thread as a testament to how many really loyal customers they have! (Including me)
Old 08-20-2010, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by Mattee
It sounds like I'm in the minority, but I think their fabric is extremely poor quality. I still use it (because it's so cheap) for quick projects that won't be used much, or for things that I don't actually care about very much. If, however, I am putting a lot of time or energy into a project, I pay more elsewhere for better quality fabric. I can see through their fabric which I find to be very thin. It's about the quality I would expect for fabric given that it costs less than $5 per yard. I have based my opinion, by the way, on dozens of fabrics that I have purchased from them either as yardage or as part of kits. They have several kits I would like to order, but I just am not willing to put that much time into a project with such poor quality fabric.

I have also had trouble with their customer service. Specifically, several occasions on which they failed to resolve technical issues which were keeping me from being able to order on their website. They failed to respond to me at all, or in a timely manner, and were unhelpful and unsympathetic to my inability to order.

Mattee
I had issues with their website and I called they took my order over the phone and gave me free shipping. what more could a person want :)
Old 08-20-2010, 06:36 AM

lisainmo,

Actually, what I want is their website to work, and their tech crew to be able to figure out the problem when it doesn't. I ended up having to figure out how to solve the problem myself, working around their buggy website. If I wanted to call in my order, I would have done that to begin with. To top it off, as a way of "apology" for not being able to solve my problem, they offered - just for me - to give me free shipping on an order over $50 as a way to make ammends for not being able to help me, just this once, so I would know how much they valued me as a customer. Sorry, but that's complete bs, as so many in this and other threads have pointed out, they were offering me something everyone gets and trying to make it sound like they were doing me some huge favor. I'm glad so many people love them, but I've only had bad customer service, and I don't think that 5-14 days for shipping is fast when places like fat quarter shop have their packages arrive within 3 days.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:43 AM

I am sorry you had a bad experience..but so far I have been satisfied. I do know its frustrating when things don't work and we want it to.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:24 AM

No complaints about my experiences so far, and I'm in an area where shipping can be a little unpredictable at times.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:02 AM

I purchase fabrics and kits from them quite often and have never been disappointed.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:27 AM

I love the feel of their fabric and have made several of their kits.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:09 PM

I've bought a lot (and actually used some...) of their fabric, and have used a lot of their thread, and really like it all. I have tons of their fabric that I got on clearance (usually half price), plus I usually had a coupon code for an additional discount.

One of the great things about their pricing is that when you get a fat quarter, you pay exactly 1/4 of the cost of the yard - unlike most places that charge you more per yard for pre-cuts. Same with strips, charms, layers, fat eighths, kits, samplers, you name it. Always the same price per yard, unless it's on sale. And their customer service is awesome.

Can't wait to try out their new stuff!
Old 08-20-2010, 12:57 PM

I have almost all their thread colors. I bought all the groups. I like the way it sews. I haven't had any problems with it. But I ordered a kit from them 2 years ago and didn't like the fabric at all. Too thinly woven. Maybe they've changed that now and I should give them another chance. I'll think about it. :-)