Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Connecting threads fabrics >

Connecting threads fabrics

Connecting threads fabrics

Old 11-01-2010, 06:19 PM

I have ordered a couple of times and I have been very happy. Saving up for some batiks. Great service.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:24 PM

I've had great service from Connecting Threads. I just bought some quilt books during their recent 40% off sale and got free shipping as the order was over $50. Even before that, I, who do not usually buy kits, bought some of their samplers. The fabric in the kits was good quality and sewed well. I don't have any complaints about the company as I believe they give good service, have good prices, and good products.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by hsquiltingmom
Hi everyone,

I am wondering what kind of fabric connecting threads has. I love some of what I see, and I just wonder what quality it is. Is it Hancock and JoAnn quality or closer to a local quilt shop quality? I am trying to watch my money, as things are tight, and am currently using most of my stash. I love to make quilts for charity but with money so tight right now, I may have to stop for a while. Anyway, let me know what you think.
CT Has great fabric[Thread sets Too] I just finished my 3rd quilt of their fabric.Good quality. If you are short on money like I am,watch for their kits that go on clearance. I have 6 kits that need to be done.Just try them and you will love it!!
Old 11-01-2010, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by hsquiltingmom
Hi everyone,

I am wondering what kind of fabric connecting threads has. I love some of what I see, and I just wonder what quality it is. Is it Hancock and JoAnn quality or closer to a local quilt shop quality? I am trying to watch my money, as things are tight, and am currently using most of my stash. I love to make quilts for charity but with money so tight right now, I may have to stop for a while. Anyway, let me know what you think.
Check out their new color thread sets. Now I have to save to get all the new one. Have all 7 sets of last ones. Can't wait to get them!
Old 11-01-2010, 06:42 PM

I just ordered the sampler of the 2.5" strips of Batiks (78 fabrics). I already had about 16 of the Mirage blenders. I think they are both very nice. Send me you snail mail address and I will send you a sample package.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:05 PM

I think it's better than Joann's but not as good as quilt shop quality. I won't buy it for personal projects.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:05 PM

I like Connecting Threads OK, better than JoAnns, etc. anyway. Still like Moda, etc. over CT though. Watch for sales at LQS myself...
Old 11-01-2010, 07:20 PM

[quote=justme2]
Now I have a better machine & use better fabric to make quilts for the love of learning.Every block, every seam is different.They go together to make a whole.Then I'm off & running to start a different quilt.The learning is what I love.
The basics are the same regardless of the equipment or fabric used.JMO

I agree with you justme2. I love the learning process, and am always looking for something new to try.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:57 PM

I just received my first "batch" of connecting threads fabric. I would say that by the way it feels and how it washed, it is better quality than Joannes and for the price, (half of what a quilt shop charges), a value that is worth considering.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:41 PM

I am still learning all the time. I have found that it doesn't seem to matter where or how much you pay, there are fabrics that ravel no matter what. I am making a quilt with all fabrics from my LQS. 2 of them ravel - one does not. I am also making a baby quilt from fabric from Mexico (100% US cotton), a piece from LQS and another piece give to me by a friend and none of them ravel. Really nice to work with no ravels!! I have not ordered from CT but there are a couple of kits that are of interest in their new catalog.