Connecting threads fabrics

Old 10-30-2010, 10:53 PM

I love Connecting Threads!
Great Fabric
Great Choices
Great service etc.etc.etc
Old 10-30-2010, 11:18 PM
e4

First, I have never bought from Connecting threads, which was the original question, and I hate to hijack a thread, but I would like to know why people seem to think the fabric is 100% US made. Connecting Threads website says they use 100% US cotton and they display the Cotton USA label. However, all that label means is that the cotton was grown in the US, not that the fabric is made here. In fact, if you read the site carefully, some fabrics clearly state they are printed overseas. The reality is that the fabric probably was not woven in the US, nor printed in the U.S. Does someone have other information that shows otherwise? I can't find anywhere on the site that it says the fabric actually is made in the U.S.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:07 AM

I have always been pleased with my purchases from Connecting Threads and have an order arriving any day now.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:21 AM

I have placed many orders, but don't think that the quality is as good as at a LQS. I would say it's closer to Joann's.

Jan in VA - Where did you find the information about the dyes?
Old 10-31-2010, 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by e4
First, I have never bought from Connecting threads, which was the original question, and I hate to hijack a thread, but I would like to know why people seem to think the fabric is 100% US made. Connecting Threads website says they use 100% US cotton and they display the Cotton USA label. However, all that label means is that the cotton was grown in the US, not that the fabric is made here. In fact, if you read the site carefully, some fabrics clearly state they are printed overseas. The reality is that the fabric probably was not woven in the US, nor printed in the U.S. Does someone have other information that shows otherwise? I can't find anywhere on the site that it says the fabric actually is made in the U.S.

I agree with you. The cotton is grown in the US but is sent overseas to be woven and printed. Many people believe that the entire process is done here in the US and it is NOT. This topic has been discussed many times previously and people still believe it is all done here and it is just not true. I personally do not purchase from them but many people do love their fabrics, threads and prices.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:18 AM

Haven't ordered from GT,but most ppl are pleased with it, from what I've read on here.
I order from Thousands of Bolts a lot.They sell LQS fabrics,but like any purchase,it's best to know the name/mfgr before buying.Prices are good, service is fast & they have a color chooser ....it shows fabrics in colors to go with a fabric you chose.Their order total also shows how much more fabric you can get in the order for the same shipping charge.
So,all together, it's a good store to deal with.

Originally Posted by hsquiltingmom
Hi everyone,

I am wondering what kind of fabric connecting threads has. I love some of what I see, and I just wonder what quality it is. Is it Hancock and JoAnn quality or closer to a local quilt shop quality? I am trying to watch my money, as things are tight, and am currently using most of my stash. I love to make quilts for charity but with money so tight right now, I may have to stop for a while. Anyway, let me know what you think.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by AnnaK
I have ordered from CT several times. i would say their quality of fabric is between Joann's and quilt shop quality at very good prices. Their thread is a great value and great quality.
I agree with Anna. The first time I ordered I expected LQS comparable fabric and I was a little disappointed. It was definitely not stiff and rough like many Joann fabric are but felt thinner than LQS. I would buy again but I would be careful about what my plan for the fabric was.

I haven't tried the new batiks and I hear good things about them, so I need to place a small order to see if there is a difference.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:32 AM
Power Poster

I love their products....I must say I am kind of dissapointed, I thought the stuff was ALL done in America. I guess not much is anymore.........
Old 10-31-2010, 08:42 AM
Power Poster

The manufacturer of the CT designer fabric lines is one of the best ones in Mexico. I have posted the link to the factory here many times. I don't know if the same factory is making the batik fabrics but the batiks are very nice. Did you know CT has great tutorial videos, blogs, quilt a longs how tos, free patterns and projects on their site. It's very active. Their Facebook page has lots of great sales and discounts listed. I buy a sampler pack of all their new fabric lines. When that lines goes on sale I know which yardage I want to buy more of. This week Golden Afternoon line is 40% off.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by justme2
Haven't ordered from GT,but most ppl are pleased with it, from what I've read on here.
I order from Thousands of Bolts a lot.They sell LQS fabrics,but like any purchase,it's best to know the name/mfgr before buying.Prices are good, service is fast & they have a color chooser ....it shows fabrics in colors to go with a fabric you chose.Their order total also shows how much more fabric you can get in the order for the same shipping charge.
So,all together, it's a good store to deal with.

Originally Posted by hsquiltingmom
Hi everyone,

I am wondering what kind of fabric connecting threads has. I love some of what I see, and I just wonder what quality it is. Is it Hancock and JoAnn quality or closer to a local quilt shop quality? I am trying to watch my money, as things are tight, and am currently using most of my stash. I love to make quilts for charity but with money so tight right now, I may have to stop for a while. Anyway, let me know what you think.
The only time I ordered from Thousand Bolts I found a great deal on sale but the shipping was almost as much as the fabric so it turned out not to be such a great deal afterall.