Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Connecting Threads

Blog Entries
    Favorite place to order fabric, always so nice.

All my jelly rolls come from Connecting Threads. Their fabric is the best, and very reasonably priced.

I have bought a few things from Connecting Threads and love it.

I love Connecting Threads! :-)

Blog Entries
    I love their kits. I have 3 quilt tops ready to sandwich. I love their fabric quality! And their threads too!

Blog Entries
    add me to the list of people who love them too. Great fabric, great price. :)

Blog Entries
    its a great place to shop, never have had a problem with anything that I ordered from them

I have bought from Connecting Threads and have always been satisfied wit the product. No complaints here

Blog Entries
    I love buying from their clearance section. Where could you buy good quality fabric for $2.48 a yard???? :)

Don't worry about receiving a catalog from them ... you can go right to their website and see everything.

I like to look at the 'clearance' items, especially fabrics and I click on lowest price in that little window ... I can't go look at it now, my puter isn't cooperating. Many of them are only $2.48yd.

I've been purchasing from CT for about 7 years and love them.

I just got my first order from CT and was initially very pleased. I bought an assortment of half-yard cuts, mostly the "Canning Day" line and some Civil War repros. A couple of the pieces were cut *exactly* 18", but several were cut much more generously, like 22"-- as though two different people were cutting my order. When I washed the fabrics, however, my opinion of them changed. They frayed much, much more than any other fabric I have washed. I got fray from between 1/4" to 3/8", and one blue print, seen on my hand in the photo below, frayed a full 1/2" on each cut end! That was one of the pieces that was cut to exactly 18", and it now measures 16.75" between the frays. Because of the other pieces that were cut more generously, I will not complain.

I found the fabric quality a little coarse. I'm not sure if they intended that for the reproduction prints I ordered, as it does make them look more like real feed sack fabric.

Overall, I'm not sure I will order from CT again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dee
    Love their fabric and everything I have bought there. Great place and people to deal with.

Blog Entries
    I just got my third order from them and have been really happy with the fabrics. If you got that much fraying, maybe try pinking the edges. I haven't ordered from that particular fabric line, only batiks and darker prints. Hope I don't get the same effect.

i agree with ya all....everything i have bought from them was superb quality, and the kits had great instructions....gina

Quote Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    I just got my first order from CT and was initially very pleased. I bought an assortment of half-yard cuts, mostly the "Canning Day" line and some Civil War repros. A couple of the pieces were cut *exactly* 18", but several were cut much more generously, like 22"-- as though two different people were cutting my order. When I washed the fabrics, however, my opinion of them changed. They frayed much, much more than any other fabric I have washed. I got fray from between 1/4" to 3/8", and one blue print, seen on my hand in the photo below, frayed a full 1/2" on each cut end! That was one of the pieces that was cut to exactly 18", and it now measures 16.75" between the frays. Because of the other pieces that were cut more generously, I will not complain.

I found the fabric quality a little coarse. I'm not sure if they intended that for the reproduction prints I ordered, as it does make them look more like real feed sack fabric.

Overall, I'm not sure I will order from CT again.
    I always serge my fabric if I'm going to wash it. It prevents any fraying, and only takes a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by azdesertrat
    love Connecting Threads!
    I wish they still had their retail store. Just as well...they were too close.

Yes, Connecting Threads is a cool, quality store, with neat quality fabrics.

I order quite a bit from them and have never been disappointed with anything. Also great customer service.

I love Connecting Threads. Their fabric feels so nice. :-D :D

I love CT. I find that their quality is wonderful, customer service is great and the prices can't be beat. I order from them all the time.

Blog Entries
    I used their charm packs to make quilts for Christmas. I did have some fraying on the edges, more than with Moda charm packs. But they have held up really nice. The colors haven't faded at all. I will continue to by from CT as long as I can afford to. I just know to be more cautious with the edges.

Blog Entries
    I heard so many good things I ordered a few yards as a trial, and some thread in colors that I need for a landscape project. Can't wait until it gets here - maybe today!![/quote]

You will love the threads.

Wow - out all of the jillions of comments and subjects I have seen on this board - I think this is the first one I have ever seen to get 100% positive feedback. Going to have to try this place, too! :-)
    Marysewfun

I just placed my first order with them, fabric and cotton thread.

:P

a regular here
    Blog Entries
    Sewbiz,
    If you are not happy with your fabric then contact,Connecting Threads.
    You need to let them know about the problem you are having,they can't do anything about it till you tell them.
    Dusty

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast