Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Connecting Threads >

Connecting Threads

Connecting Threads

Old 11-27-2013, 02:30 PM

I've never had a problem with their fabric. Just got another order. Bought white, cornflower, and a red. Also get my batting from them. I like the 80/20 hobbs. Am pleased with their thread also. So far have not had any problems.
Old 11-27-2013, 02:33 PM

Just bought some flannel for backing for my dds quilt. It washed nicely. I paid $7.99 a yard. The color is beautiful. However it is not as nice as the flannel in Paradise or the Quilted Moose in Sault Ste. Marie (Upper Peninsula, MI) but a whole lot cheaper.
Old 11-27-2013, 03:46 PM

I buy from them all the time...I might be their favorite customer! The Mirage fabrics are really nice, at least the ones I've purchased. I'm awaiting an order right now.
Old 11-27-2013, 03:49 PM

Some of it is nice and some is not so great...hard to tell from the web....but the stuff you don't really care for can be used for charity quilts...it's still ok...
Old 11-27-2013, 03:56 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
Their fabric fades fast, doesn't feel nearly as nice as LQS brand names and the thread is LINTY , bumpy and nubby. Not my favorite at all. You get what you pay for, IMO.
I have all brands of thread, even one small spool that cost $28 (I won it), hand dyed in England. That thread is awful so I don't believe you get what you pay for is always true.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
I have all brands of thread, even one small spool that cost $28 (I won it), hand dyed in England. That thread is awful so I don't believe you get what you pay for is always true.
In this case, it is. I'm just stating my opinion.
Old 11-28-2013, 04:24 AM

I have ALWAYS been THRILLED with whatever I have bought from Connecting Threads...their kits have always been fantastically priced (especially when they go on sale), I have always had generous and straight cuts of fabric to the point that I usually can get 2 different quilts from each kit. In fact I just cut out a "brick" quilt from fabric left over from their "every which way" baby quilt kit made from wonderful flannels in blue, red, gray and teal. I got 150 2" X 3 1/2" rectangles cut with my AccuQuilt. With the navy flannel fabric that is left I will have be able to put strips in between a row of the rectangles and make another baby quilt.
Old 11-28-2013, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by SherriB View Post
I bought some Candy basics back in the summer and am very pleased with it. It has a nice feel and very bright colors. I am using it to make a cupcake quilt for my youngest DD.
I love their thread and have ordered several of their kits. The last two kits that i ordered were muddy colours not the bright blues that were in their catalog. I was disappointed in these but most of the time i have been very happy. Also the Canadian shipping charge is great.
Old 11-28-2013, 05:42 AM
Power Poster

The last two orders have been great.
Old 11-28-2013, 05:59 AM

I use their fabrics all the time, especially the Mirage for backing and what's called solid pieces. I love it.