Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
corner of log cabin diamond by dunster >

corner of log cabin diamond by dunster

corner of log cabin diamond by dunster

Old 02-13-2010, 04:00 AM

Thank you Dunster for your reply. As soon as I get the corners back on the quilt I will get a picture. I really did not mean to be disrespectiful by creating this quilt from your picture. After I got started I did find a pattern similar but it had 5 diamond log stars withthe center one having dreasdon plates about the center one. I also have it about finished. I had this one finished, so I thought, but when it go put on the quilt frame, the very top and bottom points were too long. I just will make adjustments. Again thanks for your picture and help. I really would like to purchase your pattern. Like you said, it can be a real pain not having something to refer to.
Old 02-13-2010, 04:25 AM

Dunster.......you are so kind to help her. I definitely want to buy the pattern from you when you have it available!
Old 02-13-2010, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by lfw045
Dunster.......you are so kind to help her. I definitely want to buy the pattern from you when you have it available!
Ditto for me. I am in awe of anyone even making this quilt without a pattern. When you get the pattern done I am in line to purchase a copy!! :D
Old 02-13-2010, 12:56 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by dunster
I appreciate your interest and also would love to see a picture. On the pink quilt I just built strips around a triangle until it was the right size. It was a giant pain in the rear, and I didn't want to go through that experience again, so for the pattern I'm making plain corners that can be appliqued or nicely quilted rather than pieced ones.
Dunster, I too would be interested in the pattern. On a side note I can often re-create quilts based on a picture which is kind of what Dunster did with the original pink diamond log cabin. I can remember when she was first looking for a pattern she had seen a picture of the quilt that looked like it somewhere and posted here for help finding a pattern. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-24536-1.htm
Eventually she perservered to draft up her own pattern and more power to her for such a complex design but I would like to reiterate to Omak that Dunster's creation was based on a picture just like Nshank. I personally did not think it was out of line for Nshank to ask, and probably wasn't aware that Dunster was going to create a pattern (I know I wasn't, we can't be expected to catch every post on this very active board)although she probably should have pm'd Dunster instead. Anyway I am off my soapbox. Dunster when you finally finish up with the pattern make sure you post so we can buy it from you.
Old 02-14-2010, 04:26 AM

Kaye Wood sells patterns and rotary templates for this pattern. I made one almost 20 years ago.
Old 02-14-2010, 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by bizybess
Kaye Wood sells patterns and rotary templates for this pattern. I made one almost 20 years ago.

Really? I would love to see a picture of it! :^)
Old 02-14-2010, 07:42 AM

thank you for sharing Kaye Woods information. I am going to her site to see if she still has the pattern.
Old 02-14-2010, 08:49 AM
Power Poster

I recreate quilts from pictures all the time. In fact anyone with EQ software can. I buy patterns and books when I need detailed instructions. EQ does not provide that.

Kaye Woods has the Savage Star quilt that has diamond log cabins.

Savage Star Wallhanging
http://www.kayewood.com/item/Savage_...ing_/276/p5c57