Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Could you help me on a 4-patch posie? >

Could you help me on a 4-patch posie?

Could you help me on a 4-patch posie?

Old 03-22-2013, 04:42 AM

Oh my!
Another quilt to put on my list!
Old 03-22-2013, 04:48 AM

This method if you have made one is the same as a kaleidoscope with eight points. Instead of fussy cutting.
I love the pictures of the quilts shown as I have never seen this pattern before.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:33 PM
Power Poster

Thank you for the info nativetexan! I have purchased a pattern but have not started yet.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:21 AM

These quilts are gorgeous. I first thought they were fancy cuts but the more I read, the more I learned. I definitely want to try my hand at a block or two once I find some fabric.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:23 AM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

Lovely pictures!

I've heard that 4-patch posies are addicting... which is why I've been putting off doing one! (I might wind up starting 20 of them, just to see how the designs work out!)
Old 03-23-2013, 05:46 AM

Oh I hadn't seen this before, all pics are so pretty, thanks for the link.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by almostfree View Post
I really want to make a 4-patch posie, but I am having trouble understanding just how to cut the strips of fabric first before you line them up. I realize the fabric has to be one thickness, but then do you cut the entire length, or do you cut the fabric in half, like at the fold? Then do you stack those together by lining up the pins? I know you have to determine the repeat size, but then what? I've watched video after video and I am just afraid to get started! I don't want to mess up my material! Help!!
This thread reminds me of a pattern I have been drooling over for a while. It is primarily made up of flowered materials cut into more than 4 patches (maybe 16 or more) to make a watercolor effect and then set into a window frame. The window frame is more than an Attic Window pattern too. It is cut to frame the window all the way around--even with mitered corners. The final touch is a black cat appliqued here and there in front of the windows. I thought I had copied the pattern, but it must be saved in a wrong file or on another computer.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:19 AM

Always something new and wonderful to try on this board! Another one for the bucket list!!!!
Pat
Old 03-23-2013, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by GramMER View Post
This thread reminds me of a pattern I have been drooling over for a while. It is primarily made up of flowered materials cut into more than 4 patches (maybe 16 or more) to make a watercolor effect and then set into a window frame. The window frame is more than an Attic Window pattern too. It is cut to frame the window all the way around--even with mitered corners. The final touch is a black cat appliqued here and there in front of the windows. I thought I had copied the pattern, but it must be saved in a wrong file or on another computer.
OK, I could not let this rest until I remembered where I had seen the pretty flower prints cut and put together again.

http://quilting.about.com/od/quiltpa.../cat_quilt.htm

It is a free pattern and many of you love both flowers and cats, so there is another for your bucket list.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:35 AM

I'm glad someone asked about these, I'd never really taken a good look at them before. They're lovely.