Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Could you help me on a 4-patch posie? >

Could you help me on a 4-patch posie?

Could you help me on a 4-patch posie?

Old 03-23-2013, 03:01 PM

I just purchased fabric to begin 4pp. A friend suggested I take my mirrors to audition the fabric. It really helped me as far as choosing between a couple of fabrics.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:28 PM
Power Poster

Great info and beautiful pics
Old 03-23-2013, 07:17 PM

I was so pleased with how my first 4PP turned out. I named it Sunrise Awakening. Now I can't resist sharing a photo with you all too. It is a UFO as I can't decide how to quilt it.[ATTACH=CONFIG]403845[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails sunrise-awakening.jpg  
Old 03-24-2013, 03:41 AM

Linda ~ I can certainly understand why you named your quilt Sunrise Awakening! It is a stunning quilt my friend.

I so want to try this but I must admit I'm having difficulty truly understanding how to place the fabric to make the cuts. There are several YouTube videos on Kaleidoscope quilts but not with the blocks that I've found.

Just wanted to say yours is truly dramatic....do you have a piece of the fabric you used that is uncut? I find that so interesting to see how fabric is transformed.

Old 03-24-2013, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by sak658 View Post
Here's a picture of mine..love to do 4patch posie...[ATTACH=CONFIG]403387[/ATTACH]

Your floral quilt is absolutely stunning...being a floral fabric nut I can't stop looking at yours! Love the corner stones...just love it!

Your blocks appear larger than the 3.5" blocks that one of the links in a previous reply instructs. Please bear with me here...I've never done a kaleidoscope quilt and I must admit I'm a bit confused. Does the repeat determine the size block you can cut? The smaller blocks seem 'busier' than the larger blocks (does that question make sense?)
Old 03-24-2013, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by wildyard View Post
I was so pleased with how my first 4PP turned out. I named it Sunrise Awakening. Now I can't resist sharing a photo with you all too. It is a UFO as I can't decide how to quilt it.[ATTACH=CONFIG]403845[/ATTACH]
Could you please post a picture of the fabric you cut up to make this quilt. This pattern is very cool! I too have never heard from it before. I have so many projects on the go...dare I add another to the pile.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by My time View Post
Could you please post a picture of the fabric you cut up to make this quilt. This pattern is very cool! I too have never heard from it before. I have so many projects on the go...dare I add another to the pile.
This is the original fabric for my Sunrise Awakening. It was some pretty ugly stuff. LOL So always keep an open mind when you come across something you think is hopeless.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]404295[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails original-fabric-4pp.jpg  
Old 03-25-2013, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by GramMER View Post
OK, I could not let this rest until I remembered where I had seen the pretty flower prints cut and put together again.

http://quilting.about.com/od/quiltpa.../cat_quilt.htm

It is a free pattern and many of you love both flowers and cats, so there is another for your bucket list.
Thank you for posting this site GramMer. I was looking for this just the other day, and couldn't findi it!
Old 03-25-2013, 11:16 PM

Okay you hooked me and pulled me in had to try this 1st fabric I picked I cut it wrong oh well came in a box of stuff I got really cheap at Salvation Army tried again on another piece and it worked. Cut my squares 5.5" and so far I have 10 blocks made this is so addiction like I needed to start another project have 16 UFO's as it is but could not resist trying this. So much fun to rotate those squares to see what design it makes in the middle
Old 05-18-2013, 06:30 AM

Thanks for sharing....I was just searching for 4Patch Posie....great information.....