Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Count your fabrics in kits! >

Count your fabrics in kits!

Count your fabrics in kits!

Old 09-20-2017, 07:07 AM

Craftsy and Missouri Star are both very good about correcting mistakes. For this alone I love them....not that they make a lot of mistakes, but when they do they own up and make it right.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:26 AM

Thanks for the heads up!

I just checked the three kits that I bought from Craftsy during their sales - glad to report everything is there!
Old 09-20-2017, 07:42 AM

Had that happen to the only kit I've ever purchased and they made good too. This kit came from Connecting Threads and their Customer Service is one of the best in my opinion. They've never questioned me when I had to call about a mistake made on their end. None of us are perfect so when a mistake happens, just deal with it and Connecting Threads does just that.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:59 AM
Power Poster

I know what you mean girls. I made that mistake years ago and had it so long before starting it that the fabric was no longer available to replace the missing fabric. It is always best to check it when you get it and then you know right away.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:43 AM

I normally do not purchase kits. However one time, I did purchase a block of the month. I saved each block until I had received all the blocks. Long story short.....when I finally checked everything (I was putting it in "monthly order") I was missing the 9th month. One small hitch......the quilt shop had gone out of business. I called the pattern designer and she did not have the fabric I needed but would send me the pattern for that block. I did find the fabric I needed in a shop in another state. Still have not finished that quilt. It is my, "what shall I take to work on", when going to a guild meeting project. :-). I guess I have a problem with a kit holding my attention???
Old 09-20-2017, 09:16 AM

Smile Count Your fabrics in kits!

So glad you posted this, I just ordered a kit from Craftsy and it didn't even occur to me to check the fabrics! Thank you!
Old 09-20-2017, 09:17 AM

Thank you for posting this! I just ordered a kit from Craftsy and it didn't even occur to me to check the fabrics!
Old 09-20-2017, 09:19 AM

Thanks for the heads up. It is too easy to just put kits away for another day and not check. I like to buy a kit once in a while to take on trips in the camper. Everything is there (or should be and I have to take less 'stuff'). So I am forewarned, thanks to you.
Old 09-20-2017, 03:00 PM

Yes, I got 'burned' on a kit shortly after I started quilting. It was supposed to be my first DGD's big girl bed quilt. The kit shorted me more than a meter of fabric. It was like someone had cut out the pieces and said--"okay you don't need what the pattern specifies. You can make it with this much". Since my DGD was not even born, I had put the kit away unopened. I did contact the company when I opened the kit to start the project and got NOTHING in reply. Needless to say, I have not ordered anything from that company again.

These days, they get opened, inventoried and measured immediately.
Old 09-20-2017, 03:04 PM
Power Poster

I'm so glad I helped. You all do the same for me, many times!