Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Coupons at JoAnn >

Coupons at JoAnn

Coupons at JoAnn

Old 05-19-2011, 05:53 PM

Frankly, I am too, I think she must take a real beating. But it does get customers in and maybe they buy other stuff. She's a very nice person, we always do Toys for Tots and one year she offered a free fat quarter for each toy. That was very sweet.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:46 PM

I have used the coupon from the mailed flyer, one from the newspaper and one from email at the same time.

Deby
Old 05-20-2011, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by 3NorwichTerr
I have used the coupon from the mailed flyer, one from the newspaper and one from email at the same time.

Deby
I do that too. If you get online coupons you can have them sent to your phone so they are with you. don't have to remember to print them out. learned that from DD. When i get flyers with multiple coupons they always scan them in a particular order so i get the most savings.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by bakermom
Originally Posted by 3NorwichTerr

Deby
I do that too. If you get online coupons you can have them sent to your phone so they are with you. don't have to remember to print them out. learned that from DD. When i get flyers with multiple coupons they always scan them in a particular order so i get the most savings.
So thats the trick :lol: I had noticed that the coupons werent coming off the most expensive items - now I know have them scan the largest discount first - is that right? thanks cheryl :thumbup:
Old 05-20-2011, 10:10 AM

Our Joann's is moving. I got a flyer saying to "Hurry in!" I went and had a good laugh and then left. Most things were 25% off the regular price and you couldn't use any coupons. Things are usually cheaper during sales and I could even use a 40% off to get a better deal. Needless to say, there wasn't very much "flying off the shelves" and I won't hurry back (until the new store opens, of course)
Old 05-20-2011, 10:49 AM

My local Joann's won't accept coupons from competing stores if you are buying an item that is not carried by the competing store, such as fabric, which Michael's or A.C. Moore does not carry.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:11 PM

My other favorite is things on clearance at 40% off, which is as good a deal as you can get most anyday with a coupon.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by DebraK
Our Joann's doesn't honor anyone else's coupons.
I sent an email to corporate asking what they're policy is. Here is what I received back.

Dear Dorian,

Thank you for contacting Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores Customer Service. We apologize for our delay in responding.

We will accept competitor coupons on items that both Jo-Ann Fabrics and the competitor sell. Percentage off of your total purchase coupons may not be combined.

You may contact Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores Customer Service via phone at 1-888-739-4120, Monday through Saturday, 9 am - 7 pm Eastern Time.

Thank you,

Felicia
Customer Service Coordinator
Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores
888-739-4120
Old 05-22-2011, 07:37 AM

I was just at Joann's yesterday with a friend. She had one of those scratch-off flyers and it was good for 60% off. Except almost everything was at a discount (even magazines were 10% off!!). She ended up giving it to me to use on Insul-Bright ---that came in handy because I was buying 6 yards of it!!
Old 05-22-2011, 08:12 AM

I wonder if corporate has changed the policy since the take-over. I am just waiting for a clean store with happy employees...but fear it will be a very long wait...wish I had another choice. my Walmart discontiued fabric and when I last talked to the manager...he said no one has asked for it back...