Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Craft Show Best Sellers >

Craft Show Best Sellers

Craft Show Best Sellers

Old 08-08-2011, 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by acesgame
What about these golf club covers http://weluv2craft.blogspot.com/sear...0club%20covers

honey do belt. No man would use it, but women would buy it. http://redmommycrafts.blogspot.com/2...ther-than.html

bucket tool tote organizers?

Car air fresheners (sashets that men would like)

Emergency car kits with flashlight, tire guage, pair of gloves and a little pocket for cash, in Texas a bottle of water would be smart, cheap cutter of some sort (utility knife, box cutter, pocket knife)Make it one of those roll up things they can keep under their seat. You could even but new car smell air freshener to scent the fabric. To really sell these you would need to fill them with all items except the cash. Even then, they wouldn't cost much.

Also, with kids going off to college, laundry bags.

Not for men, girly hairbows with all those wonderful scraps, or binky and sippy cup "leashes".

If it is a sewing show, pin cushions seem to be an easy "thinking of you" gift.

That is all I can think of at the moment.
very cute stuff! i have seen the new daddy ones! thanks for sharing!
Old 08-08-2011, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by mommamac
I'm part of a group that holds a benefit fair each summer. Balsam bags, placemats & potholders have been good sellers.

I've contributed 'bookcases' - pillowcases with books that match the theme of the fabric. I'll post some later today when I finish the ones for this year.

Also made some baby bibs to see how they will sell - those are quick & easy.
LOL!!!! Now you have got my attention!!!!
I would love to have a bag of lovely smelling balsam pine needles!!! There are not any within a couple of thousand miles of here - the gulf coast of Texas!

I like them for pincusions, because they give out a whiff of the unique scent, when they are poked!
It is the smell of christmas trees, and along with many other places, the whole of northern Vermont and New Hampshire smell like that all the time!
Perhaps you could use cloves, or lavender or other spices in pincushions, or little bags of them in the bottoms of bags, or in other things like mug rugs and table runners?
Jeannie
Old 08-08-2011, 04:54 AM

if you live in a college town make pillow cases in the college colors or logo.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by reginalovesfabric
if you live in a college town make pillow cases in the college colors or logo.
For sure! I live in East TN and just about anything in orange and white (Univ of TN) really sell!
Old 08-08-2011, 05:09 AM

I'm making rice bags this Christmas. They are very easy to make and they can contain produce like deer corn as well. The bag can be warmed in the microwave for a heat pack or put in the freezer for a cold pack. I give them at baby showers in colorful kid prints, usually 2 one heat and one for cold. They are great for children with fevers or chills. I also make adult sizes. They all have a removable cover so it can be washed. They are great sellers! Last craft show I sold out the first day! The big thing is to have a large colorful sign with them so it's easy for people to know what they are and how useful they are for gifts, or personal use. There are several free patterns on the internet and probably in "Search" here on the board.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:11 AM

I sell lots of microwave potato bakers. Especially made out of chili pepper print or potato print fabric. I got my pattern from Clotilde and it makes round bakers. I just printed the instructions that come with the pattern and attached them to the baker with a ribbon and small gold safety pin. Be sure to use Warm and Natural Tater Batting, it works the best.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Jeanniejo
I'm making rice bags this Christmas. They are very easy to make and they can contain produce like deer corn as well. The bag can be warmed in the microwave for a heat pack or put in the freezer for a cold pack. I give them at baby showers in colorful kid prints, usually 2 one heat and one for cold. They are great for children with fevers or chills. I also make adult sizes. They all have a removable cover so it can be washed. They are great sellers! Last craft show I sold out the first day! The big thing is to have a large colorful sign with them so it's easy for people to know what they are and how useful they are for gifts, or personal use. There are several free patterns on the internet and probably in "Search" here on the board.
These would be great for kids -- boo boo bags in the freezer! I used to use a bag of frozen peas on kids' little stings and burns, but a cute fabric around a bag of rice would be better!
Old 08-08-2011, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Baloonatic
Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
I sold a ton of totebags and Christmas ornaments.
Can you tell us about the tote bags? How big, where to get a pattern, etc? Thanks!
The ones I made were my own patterns.

I did square ones, with some orphan quilt blocks in the middle and a border. Those varied in size from 10" square to about 16" square, and about 3"-5" deep.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:24 PM

These are all great ideas! Thanks to everyone for sharing with all the rest of us!
Old 08-09-2011, 07:45 AM

Oh yea, I forgot the headbands. All they took were two strips of fabric, a contrasting or complimentary color strip of fabric and some elastic. So easy to make and sell.