Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Craftsy Deals - Mystery Box

Never ordered from them before. I just finished a fabric spending spree, ordered from Joanns and from 2 people on here, so I think I'll quit for awhile!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

I saw that Mystery Box but I too have put myself on a fabric diet...now that I'm retired I have to be a little careful with my purchases. I have bought 5" square packages from Craftsy (Benartex Bittersweet). They are lovely. I am also taking their FREE BOM class, and really enjoying that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DebbieG View Post
    I saw that Mystery Box but I too have put myself on a fabric diet...now that I'm retired I have to be a little careful with my purchases. I have bought 5" square packages from Craftsy (Benartex Bittersweet). They are lovely. I am also taking their FREE BOM class, and really enjoying that.
    I would love to work with the 5" charms but when I calculate the price, they are actually quite expensive. I've bought layer cakes and jelly rolls which are pretty good deals based on yardage but the charms just seem too expensive. Am I overthinking this?
    Life's More Fun with a Doxie !!
    ​Have a Great Day !
    Vicki G
    https://www.facebook.com/vickigdesigns
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/VickiGDesigns

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vickig626 View Post
    I would love to work with the 5" charms but when I calculate the price, they are actually quite expensive. I've bought layer cakes and jelly rolls which are pretty good deals based on yardage but the charms just seem too expensive. Am I overthinking this?
    Well, look at it this way: a Jelly Roll has 40 - 2.5" strips. That comes out to 100" of fabric. Divide that by 36" for a yard and you get 2.8 yards. Say the fabric is $11/yard. That computes to $30.80. Then you factor in the convenience factor of the fabrics being pre cut for you and you are getting at minimum 1 square of each fabric of a collection. Jelly rolls run from $30 to $45 in my neck of the woods. Usually the solid Jelly Rolls are a little less than $30.

Charm packs run about $9.50 apiece. A Layer Cake is equal to 4 charm packs. Comes out to $38 for 4 individual charm packs. Layer cakes run about $40.
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

if ur giving it away oh i would love to make quilts for my 3 grandoughter that just lost there mom on 6/4. she was only 27 died of kidney and liver failure from taking to strong of pain meds. we miss her dearly.
    mary

if your ging material away.lol send some my way. i could use it to make pretty things for my 3 grandoughter dshe passed on 6/4 of kidney and liver failure, she is missed so very much

Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
    This is why I'm on a fabric diet! These are the fabrics that I was able to fit into my actual quilting room. Everything on the shelves is 1 yard minimum but less than 3 yds. The fabrics on the bottom shelves of the all three units is 3 yds to 7 yds or more. The plastic drawers are full of FQ's and 1/2 yd cuts. I still have 3 large plastic tubs in the guest bedroom . . .
    I want your stash!!

Blog Entries
    I just received 4 charm packs from Craftsy, the deal was 2 charm packs with each purchase. The fabrics are great, very nice quality. I looked at the mystery box as well and came very close to pushing the purchase button, but I need to use up some of what I have before I buy more........or maybe not!

Too bad Craftsy doesn't ship outside the US... their current deals look really enticing! Oh well, if they don't want to ship to me, I can always find someone who does want to.
    Maggie in Jerusalem
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/maggiemwdesigns

Blog Entries
    oh lord i have to show this to my husband, then maybe he won't complain to me again. although i brought back 100 yards of fabric from the states in april to start my sewing room with.

WOW! I want to come shop your room, auntpiggypln! Please let us know about the craftsy mystery box when you receive it, tngal22. Thanks for taking one for the team of us!

You are welcome maryellen2u....lol. Hubby asked me what I got and I told him. He laughed and said you like $70 because the last 3 purchases have been $70 something. lol I said I keep it under $100. He just smiled.
    Sabrina
    Mommy to a 6 year old little girl, 3 dogs, 5 cats, and 2 fish. lol Life keeps me busy but when I have a moment, I love to sew
    http://ataleofamilitaryfamily.blogspot.com/
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/HugsLove

I see lots of people posting about Craftsy. What is Craftsy?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Handcraftsbyjen View Post
    I see lots of people posting about Craftsy. What is Craftsy?
    see post #14. take a look at the website. there are lots of things there such as classes, fabrics, crafts.
    My Quiltboard Blog
    ~Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are..(Marianne Williamson)
    ~If you can't change your fate, change your attitude.(Amy Tan)
    ~As long as one keeps searching, the answers come.(Joan Baez)

Blog Entries
    I'll watch for your picture and a fabric review - I'm taking classes but haven't purchased their fabric...

GOOD GRIEF!!! LOL.. Open a fabric boutique auntpiggy.......

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NUBQ View Post
    GOOD GRIEF!!! LOL.. Open a fabric boutique auntpiggy.......
    Oh. .. . Wouldn't that be a dream come true?!?!? You made my mouth water!
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Hmmm nice stash, but it looks hungry so you better feed it!
    Quilt outside of the box!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bunniequilter View Post
    Hmmm nice stash, but it looks hungry so you better feed it!
    I think it is like the Gremlins or the Tribbles on Star Trek - If you feed them after dark, it multiplies! All food is banned from my sewing room for this reason. I just don't have room for more!!

I just started looking at crafty now you are saying they have deals to increase your stash ugh not what I needed to hera :-)

Blog Entries
    I get their newsletter but can't buy as they don't ship international. Broke my heart last week when they had jellyrolls.
    Last edited by katesnanna; 07-02-2012 at 03:58 AM. Reason: spelling

We Canadians are left out as well. Checked out their website and they have a little something for everyone. Just not us, oh well.

I bought some of their charm packs. Really liked them.
    You can get older, but you never have to grow up! Tomorrow's just a future yesterday!-Greg Fergerson

I have purchased the deals on Craftsy many times and am always pleased. Was going to buy the Mystery Box, but due to server problems couldn't get through so I saved myself $60. Every item I've purchased has been top quality fabric at a great price, you can't go wrong and their courses are terrific. They are a class act all the way.
    BettyGee, quilter on a Rocky Mountain High

If you had friends in the states, you could ship the package to them (change the ship to address while checking out in Paypal), then they could mail it to you. Just a thought.

Anxious to get it so I can see what it entails. And to share pics with ya'll!
    Sabrina
    Mommy to a 6 year old little girl, 3 dogs, 5 cats, and 2 fish. lol Life keeps me busy but when I have a moment, I love to sew
    http://ataleofamilitaryfamily.blogspot.com/
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/HugsLove

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast