Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Craigs List find >

Craigs List find

Craigs List find

Old 01-15-2010, 06:55 AM

Sharon

There are several embroidery machines listed on Craigslist in Charlotte area. most a little more than I had money to spend on right now. Have not recovered from Christmas yet. OH I am a neighbor. I live in Lake Wylie right over the river from Charlotte.

betty
Old 01-15-2010, 06:58 AM

Pony

I bought a Bernina Deco 600. It is a few years old. And it has 2 extra program cards, small, medium and large hoops... plus lots of threads and goodies. I am going to pick it up next Wednesday... Can hardly wait!!!!
Old 01-15-2010, 09:24 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by rutcat
Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
Congrats! Did it come with software too?
No software, it does have 3 fonts & 60 designs. It can use the Brother cards and another kind (I have it written down at home). I can get a reader & download the free stuff onto a card. For now I just want a card with a lot of fonts. It's nothing real fancy but it does what I want it to.
Oh just remembered, it's Babylock software it can use.
When you need software, you can go to embird.com and download the program for a 30 day free trial.

I have it and another software also.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:29 PM
Banned

I love CL!! I have about 12 cities I look at (friends in all of them) and thats how I have found some really killer deals on sewing machines. I have also sold several things on CL and never had any issues and always made money.

As far as the drives I dont mind driving 12 hours or so one way to pick up something. Most of the flea markets and swap meets I go to are that far away and we make it a day trip as such. Drive all night to get there by 7am and hang out most of the day looking and buying and hop back in the truck around 3pm and come on home.

Billy
Old 01-16-2010, 06:11 PM
Power Poster

WOO HOO :D:D:D That is soooo awesome!!! Gotta love CL :D:D:D
Old 01-16-2010, 09:57 PM
Power Poster

What a great find. Lucky you. Have fun with it.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:35 AM
Banned

Awesome! Have fun with that new machine!
Old 01-17-2010, 08:42 AM

Have any of you searched on Craigs List & found a bargain? Well I think I just did. I've been wanting an embroidery machine for over a year now. I really wanted one mostly to put names & dates on my projects. I can't afford an expensive one & couldn't find a used one cheep enough. My DH said he wanted me to go buy the one at WalMart so I would quit whining (and I was whining). Well Saturday while searching on Craigs List I found a Simplincity SE2 listed for $125 that said it worked great. It came with It's manual, and a big bag of extras. I called her on Tuesday (my next day off work) & made arrangements to see it. I drove 2 hours from my house (4 hour round trip) to the middle of nowhere (she said she had a lot of calls but no one wanted to drive that far & that's why she still had it) needless to say I came home with the machine. I know it's not fancy but it does more then I thought it would. She gave me a crash corse while I was there & said I could call her if I had any questions. I'm so excited! Now I'll have to find something else to whine about, lol.
Been there, done that! I bought an old trunk on Ebay that was about 1 1/2 hrs. away. Hubby likes garage sales, so I quickly found a few on the way that would keep him happy. It's amazing how far we'll drive for a deal.

Congrats on your find :thumbup: