Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Crooked stitches with Janome MC8200 >

Crooked stitches with Janome MC8200

Crooked stitches with Janome MC8200

Old 03-26-2022, 08:37 AM

@donna13350 I've just come back to this very useful thread and I missed your post earlier. Do you mean foot pressure or height? On the Janome I can adjust foot pressure but not height above the dogs..
@Ladydiana Yes, I was using Accufeed. It was actually a bit better with the basic walking foot!
Old 03-28-2022, 03:21 AM

I have the Janome HD9 V2 and love it. Straight stitch only, larger bobbin. There is a youtube video out there that is titled why I purchased the Janome HD9 versus the JUKI 2010Q.
The HD9 v2 has some better features. Good luck on your quest.

Some of your stitches look perfect to me. Perhaps your batting is affecting your stitches. Test on just two pieces of fabric.
Also, try moving your needle where your needle comes down closest to where your pressure foot comes down over the "most" feed dogs. It is hard to explain this, except to say,
The pressure in the feed dogs helps keep everything snug while your piece is moving through the machine . Putting your needle closer to the right side, rather than in the middle helps with less movement under the needle. I will see if I can find the video on The QUILT Show that covers this, I'm not very good at explaining.
Old 03-28-2022, 04:16 AM

I found the video. It is by Susan Cleveland. It is called Secretsofimpeccablepiecingdemo (all run together) on Youtube.. it is about 4 miniutes into the video.
Susan explains how to.get your needle to the right, so your quarter inch is over the feed dogs for bette control. Susan also explains this on a the quilt show program.
hope this helps.
Old 03-28-2022, 04:50 AM

Thanks very much @Ladydiana I will go and find that video. Also will test with increased pressure!
Old 03-28-2022, 05:28 AM

My information was for Piecing I don't know if this also works for free motion, to have your needle to the right with your fabric under the right feed dog. Some people Freemotion Quilt with their feet dog Up, but most folks have their feet dogs down.
Old 03-28-2022, 07:07 AM

My information was for Piecing I don't know if this also works for free motion, to have your needle to the right with your fabric under the right feed dog. Some people Freemotion Quilt with their feet dog Up, but most folks have their feet dogs down.
Old 03-28-2022, 10:49 AM

My Singer 301s are straight stitch only and sew a straight line. The straightest stitching machine I have is 15 clone made for Montgomery Wards - probably from the 50s. I bet my 1949 Necchi is, too, but I have never checked it. I agree that you need a straight stitch machine to get a perfectly straight stitch.
I had a Pfaff that wiggled when I didn't want it too welded. It sews straight now.