Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
curve master >

curve master

curve master

Old 05-15-2011, 04:04 PM

I bought a bunch of apple core pieces already cut out a few weeks ago and started to put them together...what a hassle then I remembered that I have a curve master and after a little refresher course on Youtube I was back in business. That little thing sure makes piecing curves alot easier. Does anybody else use that little foot?
Old 05-15-2011, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by echoemb
I bought a bunch of apple core pieces already cut out a few weeks ago and started to put them together...what a hassle then I remembered that I have a curve master and after a little refresher course on Youtube I was back in business. That little thing sure makes piecing curves alot easier. Does anybody else use that little foot?
Funny you should post on this foot. I too am struggling with some curvy pieces and I remembered seeing this foot and demo at the Phoenix Show. Im going to get one. Otherwise, at the rate Im going....I will be dead before I finish my "Quilters Fan". This is a template I also bought at the same show. Template is by "Come quilt with me".
Old 05-15-2011, 04:37 PM

I have one and need to get it out and use it. I think it is interesting how you keep the pieces separate and let the foot put them together. I have some circles that need to be done as soon as I get this done and that done.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:26 PM

That's how I felt...I wasn't going to live long enough to get them to go together right....Still a slight learning curve again with this the foot but it is coming together alot quicker and I'm having more good curves than ugly ones.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:35 PM

Ok, will y'all let me know if you sail right through assembling the rows??? I did an applecore a few years ago and ended up stuffing it in a box in frustration. I did fine on getting the individual patches sewn together, but when it came time to sew the rows, I really struggled. Someone told me I'd have to stitch one block's worth, take it out, flip it over, stitch the seam down the next block, take it out, flip it over, and so on.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by echoemb
That's how I felt...I wasn't going to live long enough to get them to go together right....Still a slight learning curve again with this the foot but it is coming together alot quicker and I'm having more good curves than ugly ones.
What kind of Dog is that in your avatar? he/she is just too cute, but I've never seen one like yours :)
Old 05-15-2011, 06:03 PM

The CurveMaster helped make short work of hundreds of Drunkard's Path blocks, and I'll bet it will do fine at sewing apple cores into rows. But, I was thinking I would probably have to sew the rows together by hand.

I wouldn't mind that, but if you find a trick for doing it by machine, let me know because I've got a lifetime supply of hand work backed up. ;)
Old 05-15-2011, 06:27 PM

He is a "blue heeler" or an australian cattle dog at the best guess. He is a rescue. He was turned into a high kill shelter at 5 weeks for biting. Somebody had chopped (Not surgically removed but chopped) his tail off, he was very skinny and very wormy. He came thru 3 states with 7 other puppies who all had parvo but he is the only one who didn't get parvo ( BTW the other puppies all survived). He has been my little buddy since then. That was 2 years ago. He is a very pushy ACD but also the sweetest thing...I've had ACD's for over 25 years and they are great dogs but this pup has been very ungrateful and has given me a run for my money. But I have won most of the battles and he is turning into a great dog. We are working on agility and perfecting our ball throwing/returning and he is turning into a good dog and has fun things ahead of him.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:50 PM

I recently purchased one, and then taught a class at the studio I work at. Once you get the hang of it, it goes easy and fast! very addictive:)
Old 05-15-2011, 07:05 PM
Google Goddess

Videos to watch:

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iso3C-G0Q_8

2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN6v3...eature=related