Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Cutting Machines >

Cutting Machines

Cutting Machines

Old 07-20-2010, 06:51 PM

I have the Cricut Expression and I love it! I love, love, love it! LOL!

I am a scrapbooker also, and thats the main reason I bought it, BUT, I use it for quilting, too. ANY image, picture, whatever that I can get on my computer screen, I can cut with my Cricut. It also uses cartridges, but I hardly ever use them, I can find anything I want for free on theinternet with the software. It will cut any font thats already on your computer also.

I am actually working on an image of my son's face to go a quilt!

It cuts fabric, it cuts stencil material, sticky back vinyl. Thats been a big use for me. I cut patterns in the sticky vinyl, put them on my quilt, and peel them off when Im done!

For all that it does, its definitely worth the money. And I've even made money with it. I cut and sell vinyl decals and "wall words" with it. I do local little league sports teams for the boosters groups, and of course CARS! We decorate our cars like every month, LOL!

Tonight I needed 40 3 inch squares, a Harley Davidson emblem, and 4 motorcycles. I loaded the fabric, set back and surfed this board while it cut it out! Done in a few minutes, and all the while I sat on my butt and played on the computer! LOL!
Old 07-20-2010, 07:27 PM

Can you tell your procedure for cutting fabric on the expression? I read that you have to put heat n bond ultra on it and that stuff is too stiff for me.

As for the Go, the main reason I wanted it is because I have carpal tunnel syndrome, one bad elbow on my right arm and my left wrist is bad from a fall a while back. It's gotten to the point where I can barely rotary cut with any kind of precision. I can make a few cuts but my arms and hands wear out quickly and I start messing up. And then I'm useless for hours from the pain. Oh and not to mention my eyes-I've been nearsighted as long as I can remember but now I'm both nearsighted AND farsighted. I need new glasses but my last pair cost almost $700 including the exam and I don't want to spend that much again for a while. It's been less than a year but my eyes seem to be changing already. So it's getting harder to line up the ruler just right.