Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Which cutting system? >

Which cutting system?

Which cutting system?

Old 02-25-2011, 06:53 AM

There IS a ton of information. I have tried to do some searching but I'm visiting my mom five times a day in ICU and haven't found a direct comparison of the different systems. I think the Joanne sale ends today. Guess in a way I'm asking you all to do some of my thinking for me. I'm just worn out, but I know I could have researched this on my own. I love the information available on this board. I appreciate so much all the experience represented. Thank you all.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by Plain Jane
There IS a ton of information. I have tried to do some searching but I'm visiting my mom five times a day in ICU and haven't found a direct comparison of the different systems. I think the Joanne sale ends today. Guess in a way I'm asking you all to do some of my thinking for me. I'm just worn out, but I know I could have researched this on my own. I love the information available on this board. I appreciate so much all the experience represented. Thank you all.
Did you decide on a system?
Old 05-03-2011, 06:59 AM

My sister has the Alto cutting system and LOVES IT. Yes, it has a slight learning curve but she said it only took a couple of cuts before she was in the swing of things. She gets accurate cuts every time.

She has had surgery on both of her hands and she said with the Alto system she can cut up to a stack of 6 fabrics with no problems.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:00 PM

....Also, I have the Alto II, and it's great. I do love it and use it all the time. Well worth the money, but you do need to be willing to be patient and learn how to use it, and once you do...the sky's the limit! No additional parts to buy either :)
I also have the Alto's QuiltCut2. Bought it years ago and am I ever glad I did. It is versatile and easy to use. They have a video with it as well. There is an online tutorial on their website:
www.quiltcut.com

Carol's DVD is also great.

The Alto's doesn't have dies that you have to buy for the various sizes and mats and such.

ali