Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Cutting table / ironing board size? >

Cutting table / ironing board size?

Cutting table / ironing board size?

Old 04-06-2014, 04:19 AM

My cutting mat is 24x36 and seems large enough for me. I cut on the penninsula bar area in our basement, so there is extra room all around it. My DH made me a topper for my ironing board that is 24x 48 so I can set that on top of my ironing board and press yardage WOF. I love it!
Old 04-06-2014, 09:49 AM

I have a table that I got at Sam's that is 24X48. When not in use I can fold it up and it stores very compactly. It has three different heights for the legs and the tallest is just right for me to work standing up for pressing and cutting. I also have some 2x6 that I can put under the legs if I want it a different height. On one side I have my cutting mat and on the other side I have a pressing mat. When I want to sandwich a quilt with glue basting I take the cutting and pressing mat off and have the whole surface to use for sandwiching. By using the glue method I can easily do it in sections so I don't need a huge flat surface to work on. I have an ironing board but rarely use it because all the pressing I need to do I can do on my pressing mat. My sewing room also doubles as a guest room so I need to be flexible in what tables etc that I have.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:28 PM

I use my counter top between my kitchen and sewing room, ex living room. The counter is about 36 x 60". It's my cutting and Ironing board. Works for me. My sewing room was at one time my living room, which I never used anymore. So I threw out the couch and chairs, pulled my sewing stuff from my bedroom and set up a real nice sewing room. and since I eat dinner all over the house, lol. Mostly in my bedroom where the big TV is. I turned my living room into my sewing room. If anyone comes to see me, they sit in sewing room and talk to me or watch the TV I have mounted on the wall. Now that I have more room to sew, it's not so messy anymore. I have a place for everything.