Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Cutting table >

Cutting table

Cutting table

Old 07-09-2020, 09:47 AM

I use the table of my longarm. It has a hydraulic lift so I can raise it.
Old 07-09-2020, 10:04 AM

I would love to have the drop leaf one from Sullivan's that has shelves in the center section. I have one like this but without the shelves it has lasted extremely
melt well and gets out of the way when I need more room. Good luck.
Old 07-09-2020, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by illinois View Post
Mine came from JoAnn's a number of years ago. It has 2 drop leaves and a very narrow center, is on casters, is the right height.. The only thing I don't "like" about it is that it is only 35" wide. Why they didn't make it another inch?? I don't know what the tables are like that JoAnn's is now marketing but I certainly like the one I have.
I have the same one, purchased at least 20+ years ago. Perfect. Very reasonable. I'd never make a 36" cut, so the width is immaterial.
Old 07-09-2020, 01:29 PM
Power Poster

I have a machine table for a sewing machine to sit on top. No hole for machine to sit in. We glued plywood on top, my large cutting mat fits with 1" all around. I had to put bed risers under the legs to make it higher. I am 5'-7". The shorter tables are nice but, too short for me. I sometimes cut or trim for hours.
Old 07-09-2020, 06:33 PM

I have two drop leaf cutting tables that I bought from JAs, again about 20 years ago.One is in my sewing room for cutting but only have one leaf up due to small size of my sewing room. Other one is in my living room with both leaves down, a quilt draped over the top. This one I use for pin basting my quilts.

Sometimes I use the kitchen island if DH feels he's being ignored for too long...lol.