Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Cutting - UGH!! >
  • Cutting - UGH!!

• Cutting - UGH!!

Old 04-28-2023, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by quiltsfor
    I think I would get a lot of use out of the Stripology Ruler XL, but man, the 74.99 price tag for a ruler is a little steep. How fragile it is with all the slits? I cut a lot of strips and this would be a time saver for sure, but I just don't know if it justifies the price.
    It comes with instructions to support both ends when you move it. So far, so good with mine. I do like cutting strips with it and find it almost as fast as the accuquilt if you have a ton of strips to cut. It is a bit more versatile then the accuquilt as you can cut so many different sizes with just this one ruler. GE Quilt Designs has some great videos on using it. I also bought the expensive cutting mat that really seems to be of good quality. Oh, I have found that if I change the way I hold my cutter, it is easier to cut the strips. It does take a bit of practice to learn how to insert the blade of the cutter in the slits. I hold my cutter in a closed fist grip with the cutter almost vertical and my wrist is straight.

Last edited by sewingpup; 04-28-2023 at 04:22 AM.
    Old 04-28-2023, 10:50 AM
    Power Poster

I had the large Stripology ruler in my hold for later Amazon cart. I was sent an email when the price dropped. The price dropped to $34.99 for about an hour. Amazon has odd discounts on random items at random times. I keep all wanted items in the save for later cart. My savings have more then paid for Amazon Prime every year. I pay for wi fi so I make it work for me.