Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: This Daisy quilt is adorable. Is it made using applique?

Vernal, you posted that this is an old pattern and was being taught at your local quilt store only by another name---do you remember the name of the pattern that was being used? Thank you.

Daisy quilt

Quote Originally Posted by MarleneC View Post
    Vernal, you posted that this is an old pattern and was being taught at your local quilt store only by another name---do you remember the name of the pattern that was being used? Thank you.
    Marlene, I have the pattern. It is called "Painted Daisys" by Garden Path Designs, Nancy Schwalm 2003. It says "adapted from a quilt displayed in Duluth, Mn." I don't know if it is still in print. It shows the flowers put together in circles. But, there are several ways to put the blocks together.
    I'm anxious to finish mine. It is really pretty.
    Let peace begin with me and you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 View Post
    That quilt was originated here on this board by a member and there are many pictures of people that made them. It is on my bucket list to do. I think at one time she offered the pattern to a couple people. You might try looking in the albums here to find them.

Yes the petals would be appliqued onto the backing. There are some great tutorials on applique on line. Utube and I think even allpeoplequilt.com has them to watch to give you confidence enough to make it.
    I, too, would like to make this quilt. My question is if 1--you make the blocks, square them up and then appliqué the daisies on each individual block, 2--appliqué the daisies on the blocks and then square the blocks up, 3--or would you sew all of the blocks together to make the background of the quilt and then appliqué the daisies on?

Blog Entries
    I, too, would like to make this quilt. My question is if 1--you make the blocks, square them up and then appliqué the daisies on each individual block, 2--appliqué the daisies on the blocks and then square the blocks up, 3--or would you sew all of the blocks together to make the background of the quilt and then appliqué the daisies on?

Quiltmaker mag had a whole series of quilts like this including the daisy one. You might want to search their website.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2