Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Dark and Dainty fabric >

Dark and Dainty fabric

Dark and Dainty fabric

Old 11-20-2014, 02:17 PM

Default Dark and Dainty fabric

Does anyone know who makes this line of fabric? Its a dark blue with light blue and red flowers. Im attaching a picture of some of the blocks made with the fabric and Im needing a little bit more for sashing. Thanks in advance!!
Attached Thumbnails dark-dainty.jpg  
Old 11-20-2014, 02:19 PM

I made a quilt with a print similar to this one. I got it at Joann's Fabrics but I don't remember what the line was. It was many years ago.
Old 11-20-2014, 02:34 PM
Power Poster

Do you have any of the selvage left that could give you a clue? You could Google by searching Quilting fabric/dark with small floral. See what that does for you!
Old 11-20-2014, 02:35 PM

I had both the light and dark blue. It was from the late 80s I think. I forget if I bought it at Cloth World (Joanne) or Northwest Fabric (Hancock) It did have a brand in the selvedge and it was a fairly decent brand from that time.
Old 11-20-2014, 03:31 PM

I had some of this, I will check tonight to see if I have any left and send you a PM if I do. If I have some left, it will not be very much.
Old 11-21-2014, 05:53 AM
Power Poster

I used a fabric that looks very similar to that in my hand quilted lonestar quilt http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...lt-t22341.html. I got it from JoAnnes and it bled But only the second batch of it bled. This quilt was a long time in the making and I went back like a year later and bought more of the navy (mine had pink flowers instead of red). The first stuff I bought didn't bleed at all but the second batch that I used in the flange and binding did. I was so disappointed after all the work that went into this quilt. But I still use the quilt anyway and over the years the bleeding has faded so you can only notice it in a few places. I sure hope your fabric isn't the same.

Last edited by feline fanatic; 11-21-2014 at 05:56 AM.
Old 11-21-2014, 06:21 AM
Power Poster

It does look like an older calico print. Looks like a navy with small rose buds that I probably have some stashed somewhere. Can you post a closeup of the fabric you are looking for???
Old 11-21-2014, 06:23 AM

Ill try but my laptop died and Im having to use my phone for pictures right now but Ill see if I can come up with a close up and post on here! Thanks!!
Old 11-21-2014, 06:53 AM

Like others have said need to see a closer view of the fabrics to know if I can help you, however wanted to say that your quilt is beautiful.
Old 11-21-2014, 06:53 AM

This is an older floral print and I have some of it (or its first cousin) but I'm up in Canada buried in snow. I've recently been digging through my florals (have a huge heavy bin of them) as one of our guild members challenged us to make a floral quilt (I've made two!) and my bin is still full and heavy. If you belong to a guild, ask your members. It is amazing what quilters have in their stash and will share. Just last week I was lucky enough to get a full metre of a Thimbleberries print from 2004 that I needed to finish up a BOM quilt. If it is just for the border, a similar print would probably work and your eye will hardly notice the difference if it is separated by an inner different coloured border.