Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
DAV-12 Quilting machine >

DAV-12 Quilting machine

DAV-12 Quilting machine

Old 05-01-2020, 10:11 AM

Default DAV-12 Quilting machine

Hi,
Does anyone have or had a DAV-12 machine and knows how to check the oil level in the machine?
Thanks,
Chris
Old 05-01-2020, 04:26 PM
Power Poster

I can't find anything online about a DAV-12. Can you provide a link to it? Sewing machines don't typically have oil levels since there is no oil reservoir.
Old 05-01-2020, 04:32 PM
Power Poster

I just looked at your previous posts and see you meant to type DAQ-12. You need to find a manual for your machine to see where to oil it. There may be one on ebay and etsy.
Old 05-02-2020, 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
I just looked at your previous posts and see you meant to type DAQ-12. You need to find a manual for your machine to see where to oil it. There may be one on ebay and etsy.
You are correct on the DAV....I will look on eBay for a manual for that machine....thanks.
Old 05-03-2020, 12:31 PM

The link below is for a sold machine, but has some good info and pics. If it is a modified Juki, (as the seller says), then you would oil it as you do any machine. Your OP saying "check the oil" has me stumped...if it has a dipstick, (like the tin lizzie's do), then there will be a mark on your dipstick..if not, just oil it at all of the oil points you would oil any machine.

https://forum.apqs.com/topic/40540-t...lting-machine/
Old 05-04-2020, 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by donna13350 View Post
The link below is for a sold machine, but has some good info and pics. If it is a modified Juki, (as the seller says), then you would oil it as you do any machine. Your OP saying "check the oil" has me stumped...if it has a dipstick, (like the tin lizzie's do), then there will be a mark on your dipstick..if not, just oil it at all of the oil points you would oil any machine.

https://forum.apqs.com/topic/40540-t...lting-machine/
Thanks for the info; This is the exact one I have purchased....I have found a manual from a previous owner and it is being shipped....take care,
Chris
Old 02-09-2024, 06:01 PM

Just found this place, looking to get back to using my machine - it's sat in my basement for the last 10 years, after we moved from Tennessee to Michigan. Anyway, I saw that you had some success finding a manual for this machine, wondering if you could tell me what kind of oil I need?
Old 02-09-2024, 06:39 PM

Regular sewing machine oil. You can get it by the gallon or by the squeeze bottle. "Lilly White" is the brand we sold at the shop, and is readily available.
Old 02-09-2024, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by quiltedsunshine View Post
Regular sewing machine oil. You can get it by the gallon or by the squeeze bottle. "Lilly White" is the brand we sold at the shop, and is readily available.
Thank you! Trying to get this machine back up for my wife, and I couldn't remember what oil we had before.