Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Is the Dear Jane group still active? >

Is the Dear Jane group still active?

Is the Dear Jane group still active?

Old 06-27-2013, 04:57 AM

I also have the book and CD and have started my DJ a couple of years ago. "Things" just got in the way and now I would like to start again. Will be watching for news!
Old 06-27-2013, 06:27 AM
mim

I got started by printing out a couple of the easy PP ones. or if applique is your thing, print out one and go from there. The group leader(??) made a schedule that made it easy to keep up with everyone else. I'm sure I wasn't the only one to fall by the wayside so if/when a new thread starts there will be others like me who will play catchup.
Mim

Originally Posted by GEMRM View Post
I too have the book, the CD and the desire - just need to find the time and lasting dedication to get started - maybe in the fall, summer is so busy for me!
GEMRM
Old 06-27-2013, 06:58 AM

Sounds like you may have enough people to start another small group! You will love the Dear Jane quilt. I made a twin size one and worked on my own. I started with the blocks I thought looked the easiest and just kept on going up to 103 of the blocks in 3 months. Be encouraged you can do it!
Old 06-27-2013, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by conniemaried View Post
Thanks for the info. I feel pretty dense having to ask this, but how do I access this thread? Do I just bookmark it, or is there some other way to get to it? Also, are they welcoming new members at this time, or am I supposed to wait for a new year to start?
Starting on the home page of this board, click on "Blocks of the Month and Week" and the current DJ thread should be the first one listed. It is for me, anyway. Our leader, Gus, set up a really good schedule for us, with a mix of easy, intermediate and advanced blocks. So even if you're just starting now, it's still a good schedule to follow. You can either "bookmark" it by clicking on thread tools at the top of this screen or reply to the thread and you'll automatically get future replies. Sure hope you join us!
Old 06-27-2013, 09:17 AM

this girl really helped me ...

http://thatquilt.blogspot.com/2009/01/6.html

on the right side you will see all the #'s-- click on the one you are working on and she will tell you how she did it.

I did not follow all her instructions... but really helped to see what she did

Last edited by carrot; 06-27-2013 at 09:20 AM.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:38 PM

Is there a particular color sequence you have to use?...or can you choose your own colors?
Old 06-27-2013, 04:10 PM

You can choose your own colors. Search the web for Dear Jane quilt and you'll see dozens of examples.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:23 AM

Are we going to start a new group or try somehow to go with the group already going?
Old 06-28-2013, 07:55 PM

Katybob, thanks for the directions. I found the thread but it starts at the beginning. Don't despair--I'll read through it and figure out what's going on. Thanks again, conniemaried
Old 06-28-2013, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by linmid View Post
Are we going to start a new group or try somehow to go with the group already going?
Seems like they are far along. Maybe it is time for a new group. I gladly will join if a new one is created. I have the book and CD (somewhere). I started a DJ and I think I have 10 blocks done. Loved working on it. I think I'm actually at a time in my life where I could work on it again.