Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Is the Dear Jane group still active?

Is the Dear Jane group still active?

I am just starting a DJ quilt, and am looking for resources to help me with my project. I did a search for threads pertaining to DJ, and from what I can tell, that group disbanded in 2010. Are there others out there who would like to form a new group? Or is there a group that I just didn't find? Looking for any help I can get. Thanks.
    Please meet my avatar quilting buddy, Myrtle McQuilter

I am wanting to start a DJ quilt also so will be watching this thread. Thanks for posting the question.

Have a great day sewing and remember to "not sweat the small stuff"!!

mim
    I started with the DJ group and now am so far behind that I hope another thread is started for next year. The thread has all sorts of helpful ideas and sources.
    Mim

Blog Entries
    I have wanted to do a DJ but it always seems to get pushed to "the next thing to do" on my list, but really would be interested in starting one soon/later/next year. LOL

mim
    I have the book and the CD -- the CD is so valuable!!! I changed the size from the original 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 inches and, with the CD, the computer does it and I can print out the design the right size.

I've been wanting to start a DJ , too! Would love to join all of you !!

Blog Entries
    It is on my list..please let me know if you start one...the only way I will get it done is with a group!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Quote Originally Posted by dakotamaid View Post
    Thanks for the info. I feel pretty dense having to ask this, but how do I access this thread? Do I just bookmark it, or is there some other way to get to it? Also, are they welcoming new members at this time, or am I supposed to wait for a new year to start?

I too have the book, the CD and the desire - just need to find the time and lasting dedication to get started - maybe in the fall, summer is so busy for me!
    GEMRM

Blog Entries
    I also have the book and CD and have started my DJ a couple of years ago. "Things" just got in the way and now I would like to start again. Will be watching for news!
    Good Better Best, never let it rest till the good is better and the better best

mim
    I got started by printing out a couple of the easy PP ones. or if applique is your thing, print out one and go from there. The group leader(??) made a schedule that made it easy to keep up with everyone else. I'm sure I wasn't the only one to fall by the wayside so if/when a new thread starts there will be others like me who will play catchup.
    Mim

Quote Originally Posted by GEMRM View Post
    I too have the book, the CD and the desire - just need to find the time and lasting dedication to get started - maybe in the fall, summer is so busy for me!
    GEMRM

Sounds like you may have enough people to start another small group! You will love the Dear Jane quilt. I made a twin size one and worked on my own. I started with the blocks I thought looked the easiest and just kept on going up to 103 of the blocks in 3 months. Be encouraged you can do it!
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Quote Originally Posted by conniemaried View Post
    Thanks for the info. I feel pretty dense having to ask this, but how do I access this thread? Do I just bookmark it, or is there some other way to get to it? Also, are they welcoming new members at this time, or am I supposed to wait for a new year to start?
    Starting on the home page of this board, click on "Blocks of the Month and Week" and the current DJ thread should be the first one listed. It is for me, anyway. Our leader, Gus, set up a really good schedule for us, with a mix of easy, intermediate and advanced blocks. So even if you're just starting now, it's still a good schedule to follow. You can either "bookmark" it by clicking on thread tools at the top of this screen or reply to the thread and you'll automatically get future replies. Sure hope you join us!

Blog Entries
    this girl really helped me ...

http://thatquilt.blogspot.com/2009/01/6.html

on the right side you will see all the #'s-- click on the one you are working on and she will tell you how she did it.

I did not follow all her instructions... but really helped to see what she did
    Last edited by carrot; 06-27-2013 at 09:20 AM.
    A good friend is like a warm quilt wrapped
    around the heart

Karen

Blog Entries
    Is there a particular color sequence you have to use?...or can you choose your own colors?

You can choose your own colors. Search the web for Dear Jane quilt and you'll see dozens of examples.

Blog Entries
    Are we going to start a new group or try somehow to go with the group already going?

Katybob, thanks for the directions. I found the thread but it starts at the beginning. Don't despair--I'll read through it and figure out what's going on. Thanks again, conniemaried

Quote Originally Posted by linmid View Post
    Are we going to start a new group or try somehow to go with the group already going?
    Seems like they are far along. Maybe it is time for a new group. I gladly will join if a new one is created. I have the book and CD (somewhere). I started a DJ and I think I have 10 blocks done. Loved working on it. I think I'm actually at a time in my life where I could work on it again.

Blog Entries
    If a new group is started I would like to join. I have some blocks made which I have saved with the book and CD. I think I even have the chart.
    Good Better Best, never let it rest till the good is better and the better best

Quote Originally Posted by conniemaried View Post
    Conniemaried, Just click on my link I gave you and it will take you to the current DJ postings. Than just go to page one and starting reading for lots and lots of info and inspiration.
    Have a great day sewing and remember to "not sweat the small stuff"!!