Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
dear Jane help >

dear Jane help

dear Jane help

Old 03-25-2011, 05:08 AM

i have the book to make the dear jane quilt i have had it for years.....i really really want to start this quilt and just do a few blocks at a time....i am wondering if anyone wants to start this at the same time as me so i have someone to work with....i saw one done on here in brights and white....i am thinking i am going to do all batiks on mine....combining old and new. i just really want someone to work along side me or someone to help being my cheering team bc this is gonna be a huge undertaking for me lol.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by tealfalcon
i have the book to make the dear jane quilt i have had it for years.....i really really want to start this quilt and just do a few blocks at a time....i am wondering if anyone wants to start this at the same time as me so i have someone to work with....i saw one done on here in brights and white....i am thinking i am going to do all batiks on mine....combining old and new. i just really want someone to work along side me or someone to help being my cheering team bc this is gonna be a huge undertaking for me lol.
This is one I would like to do as well, but I don't have the instructions...any advice? I don't live in the US.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by justflyingin
Originally Posted by tealfalcon
This is one I would like to do as well, but I don't have the instructions...any advice? I don't live in the US.

can your order the book online maybe?
Old 03-25-2011, 05:20 AM

tealfalcon,

I've recently ordered this book as I, too, would like to make this quilt. I'll happily partner up with you. I haven't received the book yet; should arrive any day. I haven't decided what color scheme I want to do yet, though.

Anyone else?

-- Jillaine
email:
jillainedc
at
yahoo
dot
com
Old 03-25-2011, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by jillaine
tealfalcon,

I've recently ordered this book as I, too, would like to make this quilt. I'll happily partner up with you. I haven't received the book yet; should arrive any day. I haven't decided what color scheme I want to do yet, though.

Anyone else?

-- Jillaine
email:
jillainedc
at
yahoo
dot
com

yahooo....ok well just let me know when you want to start....
Old 03-25-2011, 07:20 AM

i'll let you know as soon as the book arrives. (I'm hoping today!)
Old 03-25-2011, 01:49 PM

book arrived... now I need to decide colors, including background. tealfalcon (do you have a name?), you said you wanted to use batiks. what about the background?

I've collected a number of examples; I find myself attracted to a limited palette of colors. Then again, I also feel drawn to doing something with all those scraps I have...

This is going to be a doozy of a project.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:14 PM

I'm still working on mine. :) I'll join in with you girls if you'd like. I have 50 something blocks done (have to update my signature) and I have 2 done for a Christmas Jane.. so that can be my work along with you quilt!

It does go faster than you'd think, I promise!
Old 03-25-2011, 02:20 PM

I just ordered the book, waiting for it to come. will let you know when it arrives!
Old 03-25-2011, 03:11 PM

Gosh I also want to start one too, but I'm really scared. I've been quilting for only a few years. I'm scared I actually could not make some of those blocks. Here's a question for you guys...are you all really "seasoned" quilters? I mean would it be impossible for a "novice"?