Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Debating if I should go to this sale...???? >

Debating if I should go to this sale...????

Debating if I should go to this sale...????

Old 06-09-2011, 02:36 PM

Be sure to tell us what you find. Inquiring minds want to know. lol
Old 06-09-2011, 02:55 PM

I'd go I'm sure she wouldn't have brought that much if she didn't know how to take care of it surly,I would at least go take a look , nothing lost but a little time if it's a no go. :D
Old 06-09-2011, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by WynfordMom2016
okay to explain a little I live in a small community of about 80 people in between 2 small towns .. neither of which has a quilt shop as a matter of fact the closest LQS to me is about an hour away..about 2 years ago one of the small towns has a small craft store that sold alot of LQS quality fabrics...but they went out of buissness and I had heard someone local had bought all the fabric out...
well about a month ago I saw on craigslist that they woman who bought it out was having a sale but I had just injured my knee and was in a wheelchair and not able to go...Well I am still limping and not able to be on my feet much but I just saw she is having another sale...
ad said fabrics $2-6 a yard and threads .50-3.00..she only lives about 5 miles from here
But I know the store has been closed over 2 years and i do not know where she has had them stored or how..I hate to go there if its a waste of time but I also hate to miss it if its not..sale started today but i was busy but she is also running it tomorrow and saturday

If I wasn't hurt I would go regaurdless but I cant walk much or be on my feet too long and I hate to put myself in more pain if its not worth it

So what is your thoughts...waht would you do?????
Oh I would be there with bells on!!! Fabric can be washed and I'm sure she's kept it in a safe place.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:35 PM
Power Poster

Do you realize that every single one of us said to go????
LOL What we won't do for fabric!! :D:D
Old 06-09-2011, 04:32 PM
Power Poster

What is the condition of your stash? If you have more fabric than you can use in your lifetime, save the wear and tear on your leg HOWEVER if your stash is low, I would go. It doesn't sound like you have a LQS close, so if you need to shop for fabric it will be a longer, more painful trip to stock up. Is there a phone number listed for the sale? Call ahead and see what she has left and definately bring a friend.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:35 PM

Ask a friend to go with you, to assist in walking, driving, carrying your parcels home. Go with a joyful heart, and reap the reward, you have been given not a second chance, but a third! Go for it! If the Craigs list has a phone number, call first, chat, gain more useful information before you go, will help you make your decision.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:38 PM
Power Poster

I would go!
Old 06-09-2011, 04:44 PM

In a heartbeat!!!
Old 06-09-2011, 05:05 PM

ok, ok I'm convinced I am going...lol

I talked to a friend who went last time she said the woman told her she has OVER 500 bolts of fabric...she said she has baskets of sewing and quilting stuff and basket after basket of thread...she said it all looked like nice fabric (she is not a quilter)

I know before the store went out most of thier fabric was 8.00 to 15.00 a yard and her ad said 2.00 to 6.00 a yard so I am going to be there when she opens tomorrow (10am) I will post and let everyone know what I found

Thanks for all the advice

oh and I asked the friend to go she said depends if she is busy she will let me know in the morning and said all the fabric is stored in the house and there would be no problem sitting down said she has a room in her house that looks like a fabric store

thanks again
Old 06-09-2011, 05:21 PM

You will be kicking yourself if you don't go. Call the lady and tell her about not able to walk much and if you could come before the others get there. :wink: