Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Denver, Colorado

Denver, Colorado

Hello all.
    I am leaving for Denver in a few days and would like to like to visit some area quilt shops. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you everyone.

Blog Entries
    simplyquiltcrazy.com Denver fabricblissdenver.com Denver Harriethargrave.com Wheatridge abetterquilt.com Arvada snappyquilts.com Greenwood village Emilyssewing.com Lakewood Creativeneedle.com Littleton I can't think of one I went to but will add it if I come up with the name. These I listed I just did a search for. All in and around Denver.
    "From hence only infer that an Englishman, of all men, ought not to despise foreigners as such and I think the inference is just, since what they are today, we were yesterday, and tomorrow they will be like us"
    Daniel De Foe -The True Englishman

Quilt show in Loveland at the ranch this weekend.. just go north on I25 to Loveland and anybody can direct you to the RANCH. really rec recommend harrietts place. Usually where I shop when I'm in town

The Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum is in Golden Colorado.

Blog Entries
    Wooden Spools Quilting in Englewodd, CO.
    It is just a few miles south of downtown Denver.

awesome shop!!!!

There is also Quilt Expressions in Littleton, CO

Quote Originally Posted by SuzieQuilts View Post
    The Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum is in Golden Colorado.
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

Blog Entries
    "From hence only infer that an Englishman, of all men, ought not to despise foreigners as such and I think the inference is just, since what they are today, we were yesterday, and tomorrow they will be like us"

My favorite is Holly's Quilt Cabin in Centennial, also like High Prairie Quilts in Parker and if you get up to Brighton there is B-Right-On where the fabric is $9/yd. all the time, including batiks and they have lots and lots of high quality fabric i.e. Moda, Timeless Treasures, etc., etc. great prices on panels and cloth books too. The Quilt Store in Broomfield is small but a good shop and Laughing Ladies in Berthoud is a nice shop too if you travel that far.
    Lorie Astwood

Those who laugh last!

Bernina 830 Record, Memorycraft 5000, TinLizzie18 ESP Ltd.; Brother Innovis NQ1400E, Janome 640D Serger

A friend and I did our own little shop hop to Denver a couple of years ago - we spent a week going from one quilt shop to another - many mentioned above, along with the quilt museum. We had a blast. Hope you enjoy your trip - google all the places so you can lay out your trip so you visit one section at a time.

If you locate a quilt store online, be sure to call first before going there. I did some online searching, and some stores no longer in business are still listed for some reason. However, if you do go to the Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum in Golden, check out the two really neat stores catty corner across the street, just a couple minutes walk. One is Golden Quilt Company. The other one is in the rear of the same store and it is a wonderful fiber arts store. Be sure to ask at any of these places for suggestions as to other places to visit in the same area. Great restaurants, too!

Blog Entries
    yes, do call first or look online at their site. We had Tomorrow's Heirlooms shop very near us but it sold out. Then the new owners moved to Orchard pkwy or street, just off 136th. near Lowe's and Wal-Mart. just says Quilt store on the front of it. I still go once in awhile but it's a drive for me. more local is The Quilt store in Broomfield on Lowell blvd.

The Creative Needle, Holly's Quilt Cabin, Wooden Spools. These are three that I use the most. Wooden Spools sells new fabric as well as quilt quality unused and excess fabric purchased from customers. Holly's Quilt Cabin has the largest variety but the Creative needle has some good variety as well. Wooden Spools is the closest to Denver the other two are south of Denver. I hope you enjoy your trip.
    I am too POSITIVE to be doubtful, too OPTIMISTIC to be fearful and way to DETERMINED to be defeated.

I love Holly's Quilt Cabin and High Prairie Quilts. They are my go-to shops and I can usually find just about anything I need between the two. Holly's is the one I go to first, because they're bigger and have a big selection of just about any style of fabric you could want (batiks, 1930s, lodge, Asian, flannels, modern, Kansas Troubles). Have fun!