Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Depressed >

Depressed

Depressed

Old 12-22-2010, 06:56 PM

OH NO This was alot of pain for you. [quote=emsgranny]
Originally Posted by crochetetc
So no luck on finding the angels and I give up after tearing up and cleaning the sewing room. To make matters worse my hubby says they were sitting on the table before you cleaned it...oh well.

I made a trip to the LQS and picked up some alternate blue and yellow fabric and will toss together a table runner and give that to her with her handmade ornaments. Not going to stress over not finding them..there is always Christmas next year and I have labeled and put up the remaining angel and matching fabric for the wall
hanging.

Did this with 600.00 worth of money orders - did not have the St Anthony prayer then - I put them in plain envelope on computer desk - I remembered that - unfortunately My grandkids play with empty envelopes all the time and I happen to share that room with them - thinking my envelope was still in safe place I began to clean up the shared room finding envelopes everywhere because all four of my grandkids enjoyed playing post office. I started tossing envelopes and remember tossing one that was blank on outside - just like one that I thought was safe!!! Cant prove it but I am thinking thats where it went. Unfortunately I couldnt replace or cancel money orders since the copy I would need was still attached to original money orders. Expensive lesson learned - I hope someday I will find them lol
Old 12-22-2010, 07:12 PM

Relegate it to your subconscious, mine ususally kicks in at the 2 am trip to the potty.lol at me, sad for you.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:35 PM

Location: Once an Iowan, always an Iowan, but now suburban Chicagoland

They will be folded up in another piece of fabric you looked at...think back to what pieces of your stash you had your hands on...
Old 12-22-2010, 08:07 PM

my "ah ha" moments are in the morning while fixing my hair - praying you find the items
Old 12-22-2010, 08:25 PM

I'm so sorry you misplaced them, think backwards from the last time you remember seeing them. Or just think of something else a while, they'll show up
Old 12-22-2010, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by crochetetc
Well after months of working on some embroidery angels to make into a wall hanging for my grandmother I have misplaced 2 of the made and don't have time to remake them before Friday. Now I need a quick alternative to have for her gift.

This was the last item left on my list and I am so sad now.

Start going through bags that might have fabric in them. I misplaced some fabric that I needed desperately for a quilt, had used some of it and needed more. No fabric sore closer than 85 miles, and I had the fabric for a good while , so no chance of getting more. I had given up and picked up a bag of fabric I had taken to my quilting group about two weeks before, neat aren't I , lol. anyway there was the fabric in that bag.
Just keep looking and hopefully you will find them in time. If not, could you make her a table runner I have been making some with the easiest of patterns and they take such a short time. PM me if you need the pattern. Gerbie.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:46 PM

oh i am so sorry for this happening sit down relax and try to retrack your steps, i hope it comes to you soon !!!
Old 12-22-2010, 11:13 PM

why not give her a hand made gift certificate to be redemed when ever.this way she has the extra joy of some thing to look forward in the dreary days after christmas .?
Old 12-22-2010, 11:16 PM

why not give her a hand made gift certificate to be redemed when ever.this way she has the extra joy of some thing to look forward in the dreary days after christmas .?
Old 12-23-2010, 02:46 AM

Oh dear! I have done that. It's my "Old Timers" disease. When I get too busy or have a deadline, I misplace something. Sometimes I get lucky and find it but there are some items I've misplaced that I believe went to the planet mongo.