Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Design board - self adhesive to the wall >

Design board - self adhesive to the wall

Design board - self adhesive to the wall

Old 05-01-2010, 08:50 AM

I have a flannel wall and it holds mine just fine. When I put the blocks on I gently run my hand over the block and it stays. Now, if I get in a hurry and just try to slap them on, then sometimes they will fall off.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:04 AM

I ordered one from Nancy's Notions on sale from $24. down to $19. and I am very happy with it! It has grommets along the top side and is a flannel on top - underside has squares to be precise when putting your squares/rows on it, they show thru. The size is 60"x 72".
I rent and hesitate to put hangars on the walls so I bought a pkg of 3M Adhesive hooks that leave no marks when you want to take them down- advertized recently on TV -pack of 6 sells for under $5. I think. I did every other gommet and am just in love with it. Was away and left the entire sheet filled with unsewn quilt and all were still sticking when I returned 10 days later. The thing does not stick to wall but just hangs against it so no harm done to wall. Hope this helps. Victoria
Old 05-01-2010, 10:11 AM

great idea
Originally Posted by Victoria
I ordered one from Nancy's Notions on sale from $24. down to $19. and I am very happy with it! It has grommets along the top side and is a flannel on top - underside has squares to be precise when putting your squares/rows on it, they show thru. The size is 60"x 72".
I rent and hesitate to put hangars on the walls so I bought a pkg of 3M Adhesive hooks that leave no marks when you want to take them down- advertized recently on TV -pack of 6 sells for under $5. I think. I did every other gommet and am just in love with it. Was away and left the entire sheet filled with unsewn quilt and all were still sticking when I returned 10 days later. The thing does not stick to wall but just hangs against it so no harm done to wall. Hope this helps. Victoria
Old 05-01-2010, 10:37 AM
Banned

http://www.planetpatchwork.com has the portable design wall in 4 sizes
Old 05-01-2010, 11:30 AM

I wrapped a board with white felt and simply pinned it in back with quilting pins.
The squares stay in place nicely. I pin it in back with quilting pins.
Give it a try!
Old 05-01-2010, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by thequilteddove
I had one of those... I wasn't real satisfied w/it. It was suppose to be one that could be taken off & used repeatedly, but it left a residue on the wall & it didn't restick very well.

Originally Posted by stchenfool
Has anyone come across a design wall that is large and requires no pounding of nails in the wall? I saw one advertised somewhere and now I can't find out where I put the darn ad. I think it was cloth or vinal that adheres to the wall with some kind of stuff that makes it stick without nails or frame. Can you all help me out? Thanks
That was my experience also.
Old 05-01-2010, 04:06 PM

stchenfool try a fannel back table cloth there light weight and you can just use push pin to stick it to the wall.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:19 PM

I am not very fancy in my design wall - use an old flannel backed tablecloth held up with three push pins. Works great for me....
Old 05-01-2010, 08:24 PM

If you you contact them they will send you a sample. Pretty neat stuff, but expensive. I made my own from trifold foam board( like for science projects) and spray adhesived batting to the inside, trimmed and had a protable display wall. Folds for when not in use.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:36 PM

I had a real wind fall, I'm not kidding, here in Oklahome the wind blows A LOT... One day my DH came in with a big piece of the insulation board with the foil look. It had just blew into the yard from somewhere. None of the neighbors knew where it came from. It had a corner broke off so DH evened it off and I had a large piece of felt so I just pined the felt on it and walla! a design board. It,s so light I can move it around easily. cost me nothing.