Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Design and stitch and ditch machine quilting

Design and stitch and ditch machine quilting

Hi there, can anyone tell me if a blue sized needle will work ok and also, will a 2.5 stitch length and #4 tension both work well on patterned machine quilting and stitch n ditch quilting??

Blog Entries
    Hi Sammijo and welcome to the board. You've got a lot of questions packed in there! I think I can answer at least one. If by a "blue sized needle" you mean a jeans needle, then yes that would work. To verify this, you really need to post the needle size number. It's printed on the needle (in teeny tiny text) or it's on the package (much easier to see!). As far as the stitch length, I usually lengthen it to at least 3, but it's personal preference. You will want to do a practice sandwich first. Try a couple lengths and see what you and your machine like.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

Hello and welcome from Spring, Texas

Blog Entries
    Hi Sammijo4, welcome from NE Ohio.

Banned
    It is best to lengthen the stitch. 2.5 or the default stitch length is set for two single pieces of fabric. Lengthening the stitch will accommodate the extra bulk added by the batting. What does your manual suggest for machine quilting.